- Company Will Be One of the First Speakers Available in Region to Incorporate Play-Fi Technology
CALABASAS, California, Jan. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions, has announced that Aerix Wi-Fi speakers will be the one of the first speaker brands in the growing European whole-home market to incorporate DTS Play-Fi technology.
DTS' Play-Fi technology provides listeners with the freedom and flexibility to stream their music wirelessly from smartphones, tablets, laptops or desktop PCs over an existing home Wi-Fi network to any number of connected speakers that incorporate the Play-Fi technology throughout the home. The technology enables uncompromised wireless audio streaming from the most popular music services, Internet radio stations and personal music libraries on any supported product.
"The European market for whole-home audio over Wi-Fi is ramping up quickly, and we believe DTS Play-Fi technology will play a major role in its adoption," said Jimmy Chang, Managing Director of Aerix. "With our Play-Fi-connected speakers, European consumers can experience their favorite music anywhere in the home with lossless, high-fidelity sound quality."
"According to GfK research, unit sales of multi-room systems in Western Europe increased by 120% in the first half of 2014, and we appreciate Aerix extending the Play-Fi ecosystem into Europe, furthering our mission to create the world's largest high-fidelity wireless ecosystem of audio product manufacturers and content service providers," said Dannie Lau, general manager, Play-Fi Division, DTS, Inc. "DTS is delivering on its promise to provide a variety of Play-Fi-connected audio products that work seamlessly together for the enjoyment of music in the home."
Benefits of DTS' Play-Fi technology include:
- Multi-Room, Multi-Zone, Multi-User Listening Experience – Connect multiple audio systems that incorporate Play-Fi into a zone and enjoy music in every room of your home, perfectly synchronized with no lag. Or create multiple zones and stream different music to different rooms from the same device. Play-Fi technology makes it possible for every user in the home to simultaneously stream from different smartphones, tablets or PCs that incorporate the Play-Fi software.
- Exceptional Sound Experience – Play-Fi wirelessly transmits high-quality "lossless" audio, with no impact on sound quality.
- Whole-Home Range – Play-Fi works everywhere your Wi-Fi does, even if range extenders are used. It works over Ethernet, Powerline, and other IP-based networking technologies, too. There is no need for proprietary bridges or routers. Most homes already have everything that is needed.
· Stream Anything. Control Everything – Stream from every music service on the planet using Play-Fi drivers for Windows and Android. Additionally, download Play-Fi apps for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire that give you access to over 20,000 radio stations, podcasts, local music, media servers, and select cloud-based music services. Set-up, link and control all of the speakers on the network from the same streamlined interfaces.
About DTS, Inc.
DTS, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI) is a premier audio solutions provider for high-definition entertainment experiences—anytime, anywhere, on any device. DTS' audio solutions enable delivery and playback of clear, compelling high-definition audio, which is incorporated by hundreds of licensee customers around the world, into an array of consumer electronic devices. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in high definition multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc™ standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of compelling movies, music, games and other forms of digital entertainment to a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in car audio systems, digital media players, DVD players, game consoles, home theaters, PCs, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music content and every device capable of playing Blu-ray™ discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California. DTS also has offices in Los Gatos, San Diego and Santa Ana, California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Copyright 2015, DTS, Inc. DTS, the Symbol, and DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
SOURCE DTS, Inc.