SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global attention deficit hyperactivity disorder market size is expected to reach USD 24.9 billion by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 6.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in awareness regarding ADHD among patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers is likely to up demand for effective treatment, in turn, propelling market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Increasing access to health insurance for mental health treatment and rising incidence of ADHD are expected to propel market growth in the coming years
- By drug type, the stimulant drugs segment accounted for the largest share in the market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. This can be attributed to effectiveness of drugs in treating of ADHD symptoms and commercialization of new drugs
- Based on demographics, adults held the maximum share in the ADHD market in 2018 due to high prevalence of the condition across the globe, increased awareness about mental health, and launch of effective drugs with minimum adverse effects
- By distribution channel, retail pharmacy accounted for the largest share in 2018 due to increasing number of prescriptions. This can be attributed to rise in patient care initiatives by retail pharmacies
- Geographically, North America dominated the global ADHD market in 2018 owing to high awareness of mental health, increasing patient population, and local presence of market players
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to observe significant growth during the forecast period owing to government initiatives to provide effective treatment for ADHD and rising patient population due to stressful lifestyle
- Some of the key players in the market are Eli Lily & Company; Pfizer; Johnson & Johnson Services, LLC; Lupin; Shire; Mallinckrodt; Prude Pharma L.P.; and NEOS Therapeutics Inc.
Read 100 page research report with TOC on "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Market Analysis Report By Drug Type (Stimulant, Non-stimulant), By Demographic, By Distribution Channel (Hospital & Retail Pharmacy), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd-market
Furthermore, there has been a steady rise in ADHD patients during the last 20 years. According to a study conducted by the National Health Interview Survey, the prevalence of ADHD among children and adolescents in U.S. rose from 6.1% in 1997-1998 to 10.2% in 2015-2016.
Approval and commercialization of drugs, increase in number of clinical trials, and rise in awareness regarding diagnosis and treatment of the condition is expected to boost market growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ADHD market on the basis of drug type, demographic, distribution channel, and region:
- ADHD Drug Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- ADHD Drug Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- ADHD Demographic Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014-2025)
- Adult (Aged 18 and above)
- ADHD Distribution Channel Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014-2025)
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- ADHD Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market: Global breast cancer drugs market size was valued at USD 16.98 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 38.4 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 10.7%
- Cold Plasma Market: Global cold plasma market size was valued at USD 55.84 million in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 198.50 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 15.2%
- Ophthalmic Packaging Market: Global ophthalmic packaging market size was valued at USD 6.44 billion in 2017 and is estimated to reach USD 13.9 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 10.2%
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc