LONDON, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- At this critical juncture for the technology industry, ABI Research, the leader in transformative technology innovation market intelligence, identifies 60 innovative young and reinvented companies in its annual top technology innovators report that are set to transform the technology marketplace. Rather than focus on the mega companies driving core markets, this research focuses upon those smaller—harder to see—young and reinvented companies that are enabling real, sustainable change from the margins of industry.
"While it is easy to spot the tech companies that cause disruption, the true transformative trends and companies driving those changes are harder to see," says Stuart Carlaw, Managing Partner and Chief Research Officer at ABI Research. "Our analysts assessed a great deal of companies for this report, many of which we consider to be disruptive market innovators. However, some of the groundbreaking companies will not see the fruits of their labor and will ultimately disappear as the market moves toward more sustainable and transformative trends."
Those companies featured in the research are aligned around a number of core areas where technology transformation is ripe:
- The path to 5G and the future network
- IoT and its digitization of the physical world
- The vehicle of the future
- The revolution in urban management
- Mass transit for the future connected megacity
- Security and privacy in the hyper connected world of the future
- Augmented reality and virtual reality enhancing the enterprise workflow and consumer experience
- The human machine interface
- Next generation video experiences
- Robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and machine vision
- Digitizing the human domain with wearables, hearables, usables, and expendables
- Digital energy and powering the connected world
"ABI Research analysts identified the young and agile companies that should be on the radar of all market observers," concludes Carlaw. "They should be considered pioneers, market makers, threats, disruptors, acquisition targets and transformation agents. Fundamentally, they represent some of the brightest value creators operating today."
For more information, download ABI Research's complimentary Hot Tech Innovators (https://www.abiresearch.com/hot-tech-2016/) whitepaper.
About ABI Research
For more than 25 years, ABI Research has stood at the forefront of technology market intelligence, partnering with innovative business leaders to implement informed, transformative technology decisions. The company employs a global team of senior analysts to provide comprehensive research and consulting services through deep quantitative forecasts, qualitative analyses and teardown services. An industry pioneer, ABI Research is proactive in its approach, frequently uncovering ground-breaking business cycles ahead of the curve and publishing research 18 to 36 months in advance of other organizations. In all, the company covers more than 60 services, spanning 11 technology sectors. For more information, visit www.abiresearch.com.
SOURCE ABI Research