LONDON, October 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Healthcare News from ITN Productions and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS) reveals new solutions in medicines management; how pharmacists can improve patient outcomes while still being cost effective; and the new working practices that impact across all pharmacy sectors.
Featured on a new video news channel for healthcare professionals made by ITN Productions, the RPS programming also reveals the latest insights into pharmacy from David Nicholson, Chief Executive of the NHS; and Helen Gordon, Chief Executive of the RPS. click here
Howard Duff, Director of England, Royal Pharmaceutical Society, says, "The challenge for many pharmacists is to find out about best practice and new innovations amid huge healthcare reforms. The Healthcare News channel from ITN and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society is a fabulous new communication tool that will become more and more valuable to pharmacy professionals." click here
Healthcare News from ITN Productions includes reports about:
- One of the largest hospital trusts in England, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, is undergoing a major transition in their pharmacy department: click here
- Community pharmacists are often in a unique position to spot signs of mental health problems in their regular customers and the College of Mental Health Pharmacy is showing them how. click here
- We reveal East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust's electronic information system that follows a patient from admission to their GP's surgery: click here
- A new partnership between the NHS and Lloyds Pharmacy provides cost effective and innovative outpatient services. click here
- A new high tech system from Medilogic means pharmacists can dispense methadone quickly, accurately and safely: click here
- Primary care pharmacists often work in isolation so the Primary Care Pharmacists Association is stepping up support amid the huge healthcare reforms: click here
- Understanding patients' needs means pharmacists can help them take medicines more effectively, with support from Quantum Pharmaceutical: click here
- Pharmacists at the Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust are helping other hospital staff prevent, manage and resolve drug-related issues: click here
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the RPS: The Royal Pharmaceutical Society is the professional body for pharmacists and pharmacy in England, Scotland and Wales. For media enquiries please contact the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain's Public Relations Unit +44(0)20-7572-2476
SOURCE ITN Productions and Royal Pharmaceutical Society