LONDON, August 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
As concerns over impending travel chaos mounts in London and throughout the UK in the run-up to the 2012 Olympic Games, commuters have voted overwhelmingly to use conference calling as their way of avoiding the crowds.
In an online poll carried out by LoveHateTravel.co.uk, 80% of commuters said, "Yes definitely!" they would be using conference calling to avoid the crowds. A further 10% thought conference calls were a good idea during the Olympics and the remainder said they would continue to use conference calling as usual during the Olympic period. Even when given the option to say, "No way," absolutely no one ruled out the conference calling option.
LoveHateTravel.co.uk is the online community for commuters to vent their travel frustrations - or share the love, according to their mood and experiences. Thousands of people, young and old, use the site every day to share their Tweets, pictures, videos, infographics and blogs in a show of commuter solidarity. Powwownow, the UK's leading free conference calling provider and sponsors of the LoveHateTravel campaign were pleased by the results of the poll. Andy Pearce, Joint CEO at Powwownow, commented, "Powwownow's customers have been able to hold telephone meetings with our free conference call service for years. Olympic congestion is yet another good reason for stressed commuters to pick up the phone instead of travelling."
On the question of transport within the poll, 56% of commuters chose 'bike/walking' to be their best option for business travel during the Olympics. 33% of commuters will be working from home for 'at least some' of the Olympics.
Accommodation for concerned business travellers during the Olympics was the other hot topic - specifically in the capital. 60% of commuters intend to avoid London altogether in case they are unable to secure accommodation. The remaining 40% once again voted for conference calling as their alternative to requiring travel accommodation. Fortunately for business generally, no one elected to simply cancel meetings. Work will carry on regardless!
Powwownow PR & Social Media Exec