GIBRALTAR, December 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
888.com is excited to be hosting the 888 Charity Weekend this weekend, 9-12 December 2011. For the fifth consecutive year, 888.com will donate 8% of the house profits for the entire weekend in Casino, Poker, Bingo & Sports brands. Launched in 2006, the event has proved increasingly popular year-on-year with 888.com members, culminating in a record breaking donation of $70K last year. This year, in addition to the 888 Charity Weekend, individual brands will be enabling players to contribute even more through promotions like 888casino's Santastic video slot, 888poker's Charity Challenge & 888ladies £200 Good Cause. A further donation from these three promotions will be added to the final 888 Charity Weekend figures.
A global company that takes social responsibility very seriously, 888.com, thinks and acts locally to impact and contribute positively to community issues. Last year 888.com responded to community needs by donating funds to relief efforts in Japan and Australia alongside donations to the Oxfam 365 Charity. Charity isn't just reserved for 888.com players though, as they say, charity begins at home, and 888.com employees are actively encouraged and enabled by the company to volunteer in local community service projects, particularly focusing on educational and social activities for youth at risk and families in distress. In 2010, 888.com was also the proud winner of the Socially Responsible Operator of the Year Award.
This year's charity donations will be shared between three well know and deserving charities, Breast Cancer Care U.K., Bliss and Sport Relief. To contribute to these worthy causes, all players have to do is play in any of the participating 888.com brands during this weekend, 9-12 December and/or play in any of the brands' 888 Charity promotions, and 888.com will do the rest.
* Breast Cancer Care; registered charity 1017658 (England/Wales); SC038104 (Scotland)
- 888 is one of the world's most popular online gaming entertainment and solutions providers
- Founded in 1997, 888 has been at the forefront of the online gaming industry for over a decade
- 888.com offers a comprehensive gaming experience - including casino, poker, bingo and sports betting - through a number of leading brands in regulated markets around the world
- 888.com can be used in 22 different languages in 176 countries worldwide
- 888 is committed to an industry leading corporate and social responsibility programme, and provides a safe, fun, fair, regulated and secure gaming environment
- 888 is licensed and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar, and is listed on the London Stock Exchange
For more information about 888.com's community & charity activities contact Yahav Levy, Director of CSR and Responsible Gaming at email@example.com.
For more information about this release or 888.com and its house of brands, please contact Head of Media and Public Relations, Jennifer Huxley at firstname.lastname@example.org, t: +44(0)207-487-8694.