DUBLIN, April 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/72cn9p/mega_trends_and) has announced the addition of the "Mega Trends and Their Impact on Advanced Manufacturing" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Using the Visi-MAP 2.0 framework, this strategic insight looks to distill key macro forces into 8 converging themes, namely, collaborative manufacturing, control-on-the-go, e-convergence, expert systems, frugal engineering and manufacturing, knowledge management systems, risk management, and service delivery innovation, further analyzing their impact on the future of the manufacturing industry. Each converging theme is segmented by current challenges, future outlook, relevant case studies of market best practices, and vertical market impact and penetration.
The top Converging Themes poised to impact current and future manufacturing operations include the following:
- Collaborative Manufacturing: Collaborate and compete' is the new paradigm to ensure long- term success.
- Control-on-the-Go: The growth of connected assets and the need to reduce process variability will result in the wide-scale acceptance of mobile solutions.
- E-Convergence: Internal IT cost structures are being reduced through hosted computing business models.
- Expert Systems: Process and equipment efficiency is being optimized through real-time alerts and customizable dashboards.
- Frugal Engineering and Manufacturing: A new age of lean and just-in-time manufacturing is leveraging innovative material development and 3D printing techniques.
- Knowledge Management Systems: The acute focus on product, process, technology, and service knowledge is spurring the adoption of simulation software.
- Risk Management: State-of-the-art threat intelligence solutions can be used to effectively minimize exposure to advanced persistent threats.
- Service Delivery Innovation: The increase in the number of remote assets requires new service delivery models to collaborate, streamline, and facilitate efficient operation.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology and Overview of the Visi-MAP 2.0 Framework
3. Collaborative Manufacturing
6. Expert Systems
7. Frugal Engineering and Manufacturing
8. Knowledge Management Systems
9. Risk Management
10. Service Delivery Innovation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/72cn9p/mega_trends_and
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets