LONDON, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research questioning 826 people in person by hronline revealed:
- 69% of workers have admitted to pulling a sickie in the last 12 months.
- 87% would have no hesitation in pulling a sickie again.
- 62% of them do not feel guilty.
A survey by hronline, the cloud based HR software questioning 826 workers has shown that 69% of workers admit to falsifying a sick day in the last 12 months in order to take time off work. 62% admit to not feeling guilty about pulling a sickie. Whilst 87% of workers would have no hesitation in falsifying a sick day again.
Alan Price, managing director of hronline said today, "Workers falsifying sick days are stealing from their employer and should be disciplined - bosses need to get tough. Workers also need to remember that if they get found out then it could lead to them losing their job."
Price adds, "If people don't like the job then find something you like to do - life is too short. Find a job you are good at, put all your effort into it. If you are not committed at work then you are not performing the job to the best of your ability."
5 top excuses as heard by 220 HR managers questioned by hronline:
- I've a sore throat and lost my voice (spoken over the phone).
- I get vertigo every time I get off the toilet.
- I'm not very well, I caught a cold from my Cat.
- I got food poisoning last night from kebabs.
- Somebody on the bus coming into work had chickenpox so I returned home.
Price concludes, "At Peninsula Business Services we have introduced a tool, hronline, which is cloud based software that helps identify patterns of absenteeism allowing employers to determine whether sick days are genuine or not. It even provides managers with advice on how to deal with the individual whilst informing bosses whether they are repeat offenders."
Notes to editor:
- hronline is a cloud based HR solution designed to prevent falsified absenteeism.
- Peninsula Business Services manages hronline.
- For further clarification contact Sammual-James McLoughlin or Lughaidh Maguire at Peninsula Business Services on +44(0)161-827-8511.
SOURCE Peninsula Business Services