NEW YORK, May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Small Business marketers have long been aware of the importance of compiling customer analytics - how else can you gain useful insight into the minds of your consumers and uncover ways to better support your company? There are many different ways that small businesses can investigate and analyze this data; however, with so many other items demanding your attention, this process can be overwhelming at best.
Heather Wied, Marketing Director for Pubsoft understands this challenge, and in her latest article posted to PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit, Wied provides five ways in which you can begin the process of managing this data:
- Goals: This is a necessary first step that provides you the ability to track and maximize your progress and success. Ensure everyone is pursuing the same goal and clearly communicate next steps and deliverables to the team.
- KPIs: Key Performance Indicators are a group of important metrics that you'll be monitoring the closest. Choose to evaluate metrics that contribute to company change and growth.
- Start small: Begin to monitor your KPIs and measure that progress over time. There is no need to introduce all of the data at once which can be cumbersome and overwhelming.
- Tools: With endless third-party analytical tools available on the marketplace, make sure you find the one that works best for your organization. Your decision will ultimately depend on the goals and KPIs that you've established earlier in the process.
- Manage change: Based on what the data shows, some changes may be needed in order to continue to grow your small business. This may require you to streamline current processes, create new systems and communicate this change with the team – all of which requires you to manage.
For further discussion on ways to manage your data read Wied's article, "5 Tips for Getting Your Analytics Game on Point" here: http://bit.ly/1IPCso7.
PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- from rich media to online video to multimedia -- and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Director, Strategic Channels