New opportunities in Middle East's fast growing starch and sweetener market, capacity expansions, UAE's hefty taxes on sugary drinks and growing market prospects for potato, sorghum and tapioca starch are key highlights at CMT's 3rd StarchWorld Middle East in Dubai on 18-19 September, 2018.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Aug. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Major starch and sweeteners producers, traders, technology providers can get up close with Middle East Food Solutions Company (MEFSCO) that has invested $167.4 million for an expansion program in Al-Kharj and come on board as summit's Platinum Sponsor. Representing the company are its President, Ziyad Al-Sheikh, who shares its Future Plans for Sweeteners and Starches while their VP - BD and Technical Services, Dr. Fady Elassaad presents the technical & R&D capabilities.
Paper on End Use Markets for Starch in the MENA by Commoditia kicks off discussions on starch value added products, followed by Local Line's (Oman) update on Oman Gulf Starch Project - with details of Starch for Oil Drilling Applications and Karandikars Cashell on 'Industrial Dextrins and Adhesives from Modified Starch'.
Sessions discussing potato starch are:
- India's First Potato Starch Project - from Concept to Commissioning - Dynamic Agri & Foodbiz Consultants
- Potato Starch and Growing Market Applications in India - Stagot Potatoes Products
- Potato Starch as a Biobased Solution for Paints, Coatings & Varnishes - Fraunhofer-Institut fur Angewandte Polymerforschung IAP
Other sessions include:
- Structure and Functional Properties of Sorghum Starches & its Application in the Region
- Importing Tapioca from Thailand and its Properties in Feed
- Cost Saving and Yield Improvement Opportunities in Corn Wet Milling and Sweetener Refinery Processes
- Privatisation of Turkey's Sugar Industry and What it means for Starch Based Sweeteners Market
- Sugar Reduction in Beverages Formulation - Technical Challenges
- Soluble fibres to reduce sugar & calories
Organized by Centre for Management Technology (CMT), the summit ends with a Post Summit workshop on 'Starch Modification Technology and the Clean Label Challenge' led by Dr. Michael Radeloff, Senior Tutor, Technology Training Courses.
For more information, visit event website
Contact Ms. Huiyan Fu: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6346 9113.
SOURCE Centre for Management Technology (CMT)