CARDIFF, Wales, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Westbase Technology today announced the launch of its newest machine-to-machine (M2M) router, the CradlePoint COR IBR600. A feature rich, flexible and rugged router designed for critical enterprise applications requiring 24x7 connectivity.
The CradlePoint COR IBR600 will be the first data communications device from the CradlePoint portfolio to be made available across Europe by Westbase Technology, a specialist distributor of wireless technologies for commercial and industrial M2M applications.
As part of a new agreement with CradlePoint covering the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe, Westbase Technology will distribute 3G and 4G routers to vertical markets, mobile network operators, value added resellers, systems integrators and blue-chip companies.
The CradlePoint COR IBR600 is a 3G HSPA+ M2M router, a fully self-contained solution for high-bandwidth applications, ideal for deployment in Energy, Retail, Finance, Security, Transport and other industries. Entering the European marketplace, the CradlePoint COR IBR600 will also be available as a 4G LTE model for businesses taking advantage of developing 4G mobile networks across Europe.
Sacha Kakad, Managing Director, Westbase Technology said, "Our agreement with CradlePoint expands the Westbase portfolio and supports our customers in taking full advantage of the evolving 4G LTE data communications landscape. With most of the major mobile network operators due to launch 4G services in the UK this year, businesses can now take advantage of the benefits of data communications with this highly featured low-cost instant impact M2M router from CradlePoint."
Tony Puopolo, Vice President of International Sales, CradlePoint said "When CradlePoint decided to expand further into Europe and the UK, we searched for a distributor that could showcase our brand and support our valuable customers. We found these traits and more in Westbase, they bring expertise in cellular connectivity, carrier relationships, and the ever changing needs of the market. We are very excited to be partnering with Westbase."
Applications for the versatile CradlePoint 3G and 4G network solutions cover all instances where data communication is essential. The CradlePoint COR IBR600 can be deployed as either a primary mobile broadband connection or failover when a wired connection is disrupted, with enhanced security features to ensure critical data is protected. Supplied with external mobile broadband and WiFi antennas, the router delivers mission-critical 3G and 4G connectivity for M2M, industrial and remote business applications.
The CradlePoint COR IBR600 will be the first data communications device made available by Westbase Technology from the CradlePoint portfolio. The portfolio will cover a broad range of data communication and business requirements, including M2M, Retail, Transport, Digital Signage, Small Office and Mobile Workforce.
Large deployments of the CradlePoint routers can be managed remotely using WiPipe Central, CradlePoint's cloud-based service management platform. WiPipe Central provides a single control point for configuration, real-time monitoring, maintenance and alerts for hundreds or even thousands of remotely deployed 3G and 4G data communication devices across a distributed enterprise.
Notes to Editor
About Westbase Technology
- Westbase Technology is a leading European distributor of specialist communication products for use in machine-to-machine (M2M) networks, device networking, wireless broadband and digital signage.
- Westbase's portfolio of products from industry leading vendors are field proven, enabling customers to deploy secure and robust wireless networks for industrial, commercial and consumer applications.
- Embracing connectivity over fixed-line, wireless, 3G and 4G technologies, customers benefit from reliable network communication with devices and assets, even in the most remote, hazardous or broadband not-spot locations.
- For 25 years businesses across Europe have trusted Westbase to deliver their connectivity solutions, working across industry sectors including: energy; healthcare; security; transport; finance; retail and construction. For more information about Westbase Technology visit: http://www.westbaseuk.com.
- CradlePoint is a leading global provider of 3G and 4G network router solutions, providing business-grade, secure connectivity to distributed enterprise, small business and mobile customers.
- Specialising in failover, machine-to-machine (M2M), and primary connections, CradlePoint's family of high-performance routers are designed for mission-critical applications requiring 24x7 connectivity.
- WiPipe Central enables end-users to remotely manage CradlePoint devices regardless of location or network configuration. Ideal for distributed deployments that rely on networks to keep their applications connected.
- Founded in 2004, CradlePoint has deployed a half-million systems, with products certified and promoted by major worldwide carriers. For more information about CradlePoint visit: http://www.cradlepoint.com.
Enquiries to: Kevin Dooley, Westbase Technology Marketing Manager
Phone +44(0)1291-430-567 or email: email@example.com
SOURCE Westbase Technology