NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As the percentage of consumers researching products online continues to rise, the first interaction you are likely to have with a potential customer will be through your website. In order to rank well with search engines and entice your customer to come back for more, a well thought-out content development strategy is a small-business marketer's "must-have." It is crucial that you continuously create unique content that is relevant to your market niche. The following techniques can help breathe life into your existing strategy:
- Listen to your audience. Content creation should be a priority and topics that will resonate with your audience should be your primary focus. Gain insight by asking site visitors for feedback and then research topic ideas to determine an angle that hasn't been previously discussed.
- Create an expert point of view. The more accurate, engaging and reliable the content on your site is, the more your readers' confidence in your ability to provide value will increase. One such way is to link to quality websites that support the information found in your content.
- Focus on the readability of your content. The information presented on your website should be easy to find and understand. Best practices for content digestion include:
- Breaking up long text with subheadings, bullet points or lists.
- Keep sentences succinct
- The use of multimedia assets to help tell the story that cannot be portrayed through words.
For further discussion on content development techniques, view the latest blog post by Steve Lazuka, founder of Interact Media, PR Newswire's Small Business Toolkit: http://bit.ly/1x8WWjK
PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- from rich media to online video to multimedia -- and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Director, Strategic Channels
SOURCE PR Newswire Association LLC