MILTON KEYNES, England, June 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AirWatch® by VMware, the leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider, today announced the number of NHS trusts that use AirWatch to secure patient information and deliver workforce efficiencies has more than doubled in the past year. There are now more than 250 trusts and clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) that use AirWatch.
Clinicians now use mobile devices and applications to submit prescriptions, diagnose illnesses and access and update medical records. Patients use mobile devices to facilitate remote care, access applications to improve recovery time and submit real-time vital information and documentation that can help clinicians provide better treatment. The AirWatch EMM platform provides a secure way for healthcare organisations to track assets across the organisation, distribute apps and content, while enabling devices to be compliant with industry standards with secure access to sensitive medical data.
"As mobile technology continues to change the patient care model for healthcare providers, we've experienced a rapid increase in adoption from providers looking to improve the quantity and quality of care," said Ian Evans, vice president and managing director – EMEA, AirWatch by VMware. "Our relationship with such a high proportion of the UK's NHS trusts and CCGs supports our position as a technology leader and innovator in the healthcare sector. We're proud that our technology is being used to make life easier for clinicians and patients."
- "Following the deployment of our emergency app, we have better visibility of where the patients are in the emergency department, and we can also view which nurse or doctor is assigned to them," said Ian Curr, assistant director of information, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. "When a patient is discharged, the complete record of their visit, including all clinical notes, is sent immediately to their doctors. This provides more detailed and accurate information so follow-up care can be of the highest quality."
- "At 2gether NHS Foundation Trust, AirWatch is used to help keep the Children and Young People Service secure," said Rob Blagden, programme manager, 2gether NHS Foundation Trust. "At the end of appointments, patients are prompted to answer questions directly on the iPad. The data can then be accessed by healthcare professionals to assess the progress of treatment."
- AirWatch Healthcare Solutions
- Case study: Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Case study: 2gether NHS Foundation Trust
About AirWatch by VMware
AirWatch by VMware is the leader in enterprise mobility management, with more than 12,000 global customers. The AirWatch platform includes industry-leading mobile device, email, application, content, and browser management solutions. Organizations can implement these solutions across device types and use cases, including complete EMM for corporate and line of business deployments, and containerized solutions for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs. Acquired by VMware in February 2014, AirWatch is based in Atlanta and can be found online at www.air-watch.com. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
SOURCE AirWatch by VMware