DUBLIN, June 04, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lgv22v/a_profile_of_the) has announced the addition of the "A Profile of the Asia-Pacific Paint Industry - 2015 Edition " report to their offering.
The Asia-Pacific economies are growing fast, boosting growth in the demand for many building and industrial materials, including paints and coatings. The total market for paints and coatings was 21.4 million tonnes in 2013, and is forecast by the author to increase to 29.2 million tonnes by 2018; this is equivalent to an average annual growth rate of 6.4% in the medium term.
China is by far the largest national market for paints and coatings in the Asia-Pacific region, followed at some considerable distance by India and Japan. The smallest markets are those of New Zealand and Singapore. While medium-term growth is forecast to be low in the more developed and mature markets such as Australia, New Zealand and Japan, the developing market of India is predicted to demonstrate growth of over 10% per annum over the next five years. India still offers significant potential for paints and coatings market growth, as per capita consumption remains very low.
The Chinese market is still offering good medium-term growth of around 6.5% per annum for paints and coatings suppliers, driven by growth in downstream industries such as automotive, construction, shipbuilding, petrochemicals and civil engineering. However, this forecast growth is lower than in previous years as the country is experiencing slower economic growth, caused by rising costs of labour, land and raw materials, and increasing taxes.
The geographical scope is as follows:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
The report follows the outline below (where data is available):
- - Foreword
- - Market Summary by country for 2013 & forecasts to 2018
- - Country-by-country chapters encompassing:
- Country economic background
- Local industry and main manufacturers (where available)
- Paint imports and exports
- Market overview and key trends
- Paint market data split into nine key end-use segments, with accompanying text and trends: Architectural, General Industrial, Protective, Marine, Industrial Wood, Auto OEM, Auto Refinish, Plastic and Powder
For each end-use segment:
- - Split of market data by technology type:
- UV curable
- - Split of market data by chemistry type:
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lgv22v/a_profile_of_the
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets