DUBLIN, Jan. 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "FDA Approval Process for Medical Devices" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This seminar will provide a solid foundation in the approval and clearance processes for medical devices in the United States.
Participants will gain an understanding of the underlying legal and regulatory requirements and the general controls applicable to all devices, including device classification, establishment registration and device listing. With the underlying framework in mind, the approval and clearance processes for new and modified devices will be presented, including 510(k), IDE, PMA, HDE and De Novo applications.
Application contents, review processes, timelines, and key guidance documents will be discussed for each major type of submission. Participants will also learn about the pre-submission process, which FDA strongly recommends prior to the initial submission of novel devices to help ensure a successful submission process.
Finally, some hot topics will be presented. Depending on the interest of the participants, these may include new FDA requirements and policies involving Unique Device Identifier, regulation of device software, and how to distinguish device enhancements from being considered a recall.
Programme Day One
- Overview of US Medical Device Regulatory Principles
- 510(k) Process (Pre-market Notification)
- De Novo Applications for Low-Moderate Risk Devices
Programme Day Two
- Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) for Clinical Investigations
- Premarket Approval (PMA) for Class III Devices
- Humanitarian Device Exemptions
- Potential Hot Topics
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will:
- Understand the overall FDA medical device regulatory process
- Know what is required for 510(k), IDE, PMA, HDE and De Novo applications
- Understand how FDA processes premarket submissions
- Identify key guidance documents to help ensure a successful process
- Determine when pre-submission interaction with FDA is recommended
- Be aware of hot topics and areas of change
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4fmkmh/2_day_seminar?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets