SHANGHAI, November 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The largest conference matching Chinese investment with British projects opens its doors today, as figures show the Chinese economy remains the single largest contributor to world GDP growth. In 2015, Chinese inward investment in UK reached $3.3billion, ranking China the third biggest total investor into the EU.
The one day conference run by the China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) will present over 100 live UK opportunities to private investors. The China Outbound Conference is being held at the Mandarin Oriental in Shanghai and is supported by the Department for International Trade, Midlands Engine and Invest Northern Ireland, amongst others.
Conference highlights include:
- Senior British and Chinese Government representation
- Key speakers including An Qiyi, Vice Chairman of ACFIC; Kelvin Wang, Senior Operation Director and General Manager , House of Fraser; Kevin Sneader, Asia Chairman of McKinsey and Ian Curryer, CEO, Nottingham Council
- Sector focus including advanced engineering, technology, retail and healthcare
- A project catalogue featuring 100+ live investment projects
- A focus on the Midlands Engine plus 6 other UK regions
- 500 attendees including 200 Chinese investors
"There's never been a better time to bring Chinese investors and UK project owners together. We know investors are eager to discuss the many live opportunities from a diverse range of projects," comments Stephen Phillips, chief executive of CBBC. "This year we're highlighting 11 midlands regions across the Midlands Engine plus a further 6 regions across the UK, in a range of sectors."
He adds: "The China Outbound Conference really is a unique environment for networking and learning on both sides and the conference provides dedicated breakout sessions as well as wider conference sessions and targeted 1-2-1s."
This is the fourth time the China Outbound conference has been held. For conference and speakers list: http://www.cbbc.org/coc2016/
About the China-Britain Business Council
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) helps British and Chinese businesses and organisations work together in China, the UK and third markets around the world. With 60 years of experience, experts in 11 UK offices and 15 Chinese locations, and a diverse 1,000-strong membership, we operate alongside the British Chamber of Commerce in China to support companies of all sizes and sectors from multinationals to SMEs.
As the partner of choice for British companies working with China, CBBC delivers a range of events, tailored research and consultative services. We cooperate closely with the Department for International Trade, The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and across government to highlight export opportunities for UK companies and investment opportunities for Chinese organisations.
1. The Telegraph, 14th September 2016
2. Baker Mckenzie report,10th March 2016
SOURCE China-Britain Business Council