CHONGQING, China, Aug. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- From artificial throats helping the deaf or hard of hearing to "speak", to electronic skin that can feel hot, cold and pain, 10 mind-boggling tech products were launched at the first Smart China Expo (SCE 2018) that opened this week in China's western city of Chongqing.
Referred to as "Cool tech", or "Black Technology" in China, these amazing products – also including self-driving new energy vehicles (NEVs) and Nano-Robots used in hospitals -- stood out as the embodiment of the phenomenal achievements humankind has made to date.
Under the theme of "Mind-boggling technologies: the "Unimaginable Future," the ten featured futuristic products were selected from 1,082 candidates following three rounds of strict reviews by experts from a variety of sectors, including universities, enterprises, and venture capital firms. The newly released list gives SCE visitors a glimpse of how many aspects of our lives could be shaped by technology in the not too distant future.
Additional ground-breaking technologies launched during the event also included:
- Laser-Induced Graphene (LIG) Artificial Throat by Tsinghua University
- Highly stretchable and expandable E-skin by Beijing Institute of Nanoenergy and Nanosystems
- L4 Autonomous NEV by Changan Automobile
- Nano-Robots in Medicine by the Harbin Institute of Technology and University of California, San Diego
- Thought-controlled neuroprosthesis by The Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology
- Dissolvable electronic components by Zhejiang University
- AI Medical Innovation System (AIMIS) by Tencent
- iFLYTEK mobile translator 2.0 by iFLYTEK
- Person Re-Identification (REID) system by CloudWalk Technology
- ET Industrial Brain by Alibaba Cloud.
Some of these products have already been brought to market, while others are still in the R&D process.
SCE also played host to competitions including the International Drone Racing Grand Prix (IDRGP) and i-VISTA autonomous car racing.
The side events at SCE also highlights host city, Chongqing's ambition to become China's pioneer in Big Data Intelligence, as well as the city's willingness to attract talents and investments in the field of smart technology to the region.
"Chongqing has adopted an innovation-led growth strategy that will breathe new life into its traditional industries with the help of Big Data Intelligence, and will maximize commercial, governmental and civil use of technology," said Tang Liangzhi, mayor of Chongqing. "Holding SCE is a key step toward developing smart technologies, and we expect to deepen our cooperation with partners all over the world and jointly create a better future under the theme of 'Smart Technology: Empowering the Economy and Enriching Life'".
About Smart China Expo (SCE)
Held in Chongqing, the Smart China Expo (SCE) is a world-class, national-level Expo that supports the development of big data and smart technologies in Western China. SCE serves as a platform for Chongqing's Smart Endeavors in the era of big data and smart tech, as well as for exchanges among organizations, enterprises, experts and scholars from around the world.