- TO TAKE PLACE ON APRIL 1ST AT GSVlabs IN REDWOOD CITY
NEW YORK, Feb. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Private Capital Research Institute ("PCRI") and the Brookings Institution will be sponsoring an event in Silicon Valley with host GSV Asset Management on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 entitled, "Driving Growth with Big Ideas: Private Capital's Role in Global Innovation." The PCRI is a non-profit organization seeking to further the understanding of private capital and its global economic impact through independent academic research.
"Private capital's effect on innovation is a vital component of its overall impact on the world's economy," said Professor Josh Lerner, PCRI Director and Jacob H. Schiff Professor of Investment Banking at Harvard Business School. "This event's steering committee, comprised of some of venture capital's most prominent thought leaders and successful entrepreneurs, is crafting a truly outstanding event that will focus on the many important links between private capital and innovation."
Michael Moe, Founder of GSV Asset Management, commented, "Innovation has always been at the heart of progress and, since the early days of Silicon Valley, private capital and innovation have been close partners in the global technology revolution. It is through this relationship that big ideas have realized their potential to drive significant economic growth."
Event topics will include:
- Private Capital as a Catalyst for Innovation: Solving the world's BIG problems including education, healthcare and sustainability
- Reimagining Capital Markets from VC to IPO: Private market investing, valuation and exit dynamics
- Developing a Global Silicon Valley: Emerging global funding and innovation ecosystems
- Breakthrough New Technologies: Transforming industry today
The event's steering committee includes Felda Hardymon of Bessemer Venture Partners, Bill Janeway of Warburg Pincus, Tom Keck of Stepstone Group, Scott Kupor of Andreessen Horwitz, Kevin Laws of AngelList, Aileen Lee of Cowboy Ventures, Karen Mills of Harvard University, Ray Rothrock of Venrock, Peter Wendell of Sierra Ventures, Ken Wilcox of Silicon Valley Bank and representatives from Brookings, the PCRI and GSV Capital.
A complete list of speakers and panelists will be announced in the coming weeks. Confirmed participants include:
- Peter Thiel, Partner, Founders Fund
- John Powers, CIO, Stanford Management Company
- Jagdeep Singh, CIO, University of California Board of Regents
- Scott Jacobsen, Senior Portfolio Manager, CalPERS
- Josh Lerner, Professor, HBS
- Tom Keck, CIO, Stepstone
- Bill Janeway, Managing Director, Warburg Pincus
- Michael Ewens, Professor, Caltech
- Martin Baily, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Carter Bales, Chairman & Managing Partner, NewWorld Capital
About the PCRI:
The PCRI is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation funded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. The PCRI is committed to the ongoing development of a comprehensive database of private capital fund and transaction-level activity supplied by industry participants. In 2012, the PCRI announced its first group of 15 leading private equity firms that agreed in principle to contribute performance data. The initial group included Actis, Apax Partners, Apollo Global Management, Berkshire Partners, the Carlyle Group, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, Court Square Capital Partners, First Reserve Corporation, General Atlantic, KKR & Co., Kohlberg & Company, New Mountain Capital, The Riverside Company, Saybrook Corporate Opportunity Funds, and Thomas H. Lee Partners. For more information, please visit www.privatecapitalresearchinstitute.org.
SOURCE Private Capital Research Institute