Nonin Medical Selected as Exclusive Provider of Cerebral/Somatic Oximetry Systems to Leading Pediatric Hospitals in Poland
- Company's EQUANOX™ Advance Cerebral/Somatic Oximetry System selected over competitive systems because of ease-of-use and accuracy
MINNEAPOLIS, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nonin Medical, Inc., the inventor of finger pulse oximeters and a leader in noninvasive medical monitoring, announced today that the company's EQUANOX™ Advance Cerebral/Somatic Oximetry System has been selected for use by Poland's five university-based pediatric hospitals. The hospitals are:
- SP SK No. 6, Silesian Medical University, Upper Silesian Centre for Children's Health, Katowice
- University Hospital, Krakow
- University Children's Hospital, Krakow
- University Clinical Hospital No. 4, Lodz
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics Clinical Hospital of the Medical University, Poznan
EQUANOX is a near infra-red spectroscopy (NIRS)-based monitoring device that noninvasively and continuously detects oxygen saturation status in brain and other tissue. The device allows clinicians to quickly react to reverse harmful tissue ischemia events before they become critical.
"We are pleased that Polish healthcare officials value accuracy and ease-of-use in selecting a cerebral and somatic oximetry system for their pediatric hospitals," said Kevin McGowan, Vice-President of Sales for Nonin Medical. "Some older generations of cerebral and somatic oximetry systems require clinicians to enter the patients' age and weight to compensate for the variability in pediatric cerebral tissue. The EQUANOX System does not require patient data to be entered because of Dynamic Compensation™, an algorithm which allows the system to automatically account for developing neonatal and pediatric brain tissue. Together with our dual emitter and dual detector sensor architecture that produces extremely accurate measurements, the EQUANOX System is a clear choice."
The purchase of Nonin's EQUANOX Cerebral/Somatic Oximetry Systems in Poland was made possible by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (GOCC) organization, one of the largest non-government charity organizations in Poland. Each year the GOCC meets with hospital leaders to determine what the biggest needs are for medical equipment. Cerebral/somatic oximetry systems were cited as a key need in Poland because the technology allows clinicians to react to low oxygen levels in the brain before serious injuries occur. The mission of the GOCC is to protect the health and save the lives of children by providing medical equipment to public hospitals. Since 1993, the GOCC has raised more than $100 million for the purchase of medical equipment in Poland.
The EQUANOX Advance System uses the Model 8004CB and the Model 8004CB-NA (non-adhesive) Neonatal/Pediatric Sensors to accurately monitor oxygen levels in the brain and other areas of the body. Key advantages of the EQUANOX System versus older generation systems include:
- Cerebral and Somatic Monitoring – Up to four channels displayed on one screen for monitoring oxygen saturation in the brain and somatic sites on the body, including kidney and liver sites
- Patented Dual-Light Emitters and Detectors with Four Wavelength Accuracy – The first and only device that utilizes a dual-light emitting and detecting sensor architecture, which has been shown to more effectively target the cerebral cortex, eliminating surface artifacts that interfere with measurement accuracy(1)
- Absolute Accuracy – Assures accurate measure of tissue saturation at a point in time, not just relative or trending accuracy of changes
- Consistency and Reliability – Rapid, reliable response to change without signal instability and interruptions from ambient electrical and light interferences
- Portability and Connectivity – Lightweight, durable monitor with long battery life for continually monitoring patients during intra-hospital transport. Interfaces with a wide range of data management systems.
For more information, and to schedule an evaluation, visit noninequanox.com.
About Nonin Medical, leaders in noninvasive medical monitoring
Nonin Medical, Inc. invented the finger pulse oximeter and designs and manufactures noninvasive medical monitoring solutions that meet customers' technology needs today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., Nonin Medical sells its pulse and regional oximeters, capnographs, sensors and software to health professionals and consumers in more than 125 countries. The company also has more than 100 OEM partners worldwide. For more information, visit nonin.com.
Davie SN, Grocott HP. Impact of Extracranial Contamination on Regional Cerebral Oxygen Saturation: A Comparison of Three Cerebral Oximetry Technologies. Anesthesiology. 2012; 116(4):1-7.
SOURCE Nonin Medical, Inc.
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382