Magners Cider Announces Three Year Shirt Sponsorship of Celtic Football Club
GLASGOW, Scotland, January 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Magners, the premium international cider brand, today announces a three-year sponsorship of Celtic Football Club.
The deal will see Magners become the shirt sponsor of Celtic from the start of the 2013/2014 season.
Magners has a strong track record of engaging fans via successful and innovative sponsorships across rugby, football, comedy and music and is currently working with Celtic to develop a range of initiatives to support its partnership with the club.
Tom McCusker, Managing Director of Magners, looks forward to a successful partnership:
"Magners is a premium brand with huge ambition both at home and abroad, available in over 40 markets worldwide including key cider growth territories like the US, Australia, Canada and Asia. There is, therefore, a great fit with Celtic Football Club who also enjoy great success and popularity domestically and internationally. Everyone at Magners is looking forward to working with Celtic and its fans over the coming years in what promises to be an exciting time for the club and our brand."
Peter Lawwell, Chief Executive of Celtic Football Club welcomed Magners' commitment:
"On behalf of everyone at Celtic, I am delighted to welcome Magners as the club's new shirt sponsor. This partnership is magnificent news, not only for Celtic but also for Scottish football. We are proud to be successfully leading Scottish football at home and in Europe. The desire of a brand with Magners' stature to support the club is a measure of how much positivity there is around Celtic in our 125th year. I look forward to a long and successful partnership with Magners and I'm sure every Celtic supporter will welcome their support."
9th January, 2013
A number of images are available by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors: Magners
- The Magners cider-making business was established by William Magners in Ireland in 1935.
- In 1999 Magners started exporting their cider from Ireland and Magners Original is now exported to over 40 markets internationally.
- Magners Original is made and bottled in Clonmel in Ireland, using 17 varieties of apples.
- The USA and Australia are the fastest-growing cider markets globally.
- The Magners cider family now includes: Magners Original; Magners Pear; Magners Golden Draught; and Magners Berry.
- Magners Original is the best-selling bottled cider brand in UK pubs and bars.
- Magners Original is the UK's No 1 take home bottled cider brand.
- Magners has an established pedigree in sports sponsorship - Rugby Union: Magners League. Rugby League: St Helens; Warrington; Wigan; Widnes; and Hull. Football: Preston North End; Dundee FC.
- Magners also has a long standing association with comedy and music - Udderbelly (London's South Bank and Edinburgh Fringe); Glasgow Comedy Festival; Latitude Festival; and major music events at Hyde Park in London.
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382