Haier Ranked the #1 Global Major Appliances Brand for 4th Consecutive Year -- Euromonitor
- Haier continues to extend its global brand market share to 8.6%, gaining the top spot in Euromonitor's Global Major Appliances 2012 Brand rankings for the fourth consecutive year.
QINGDAO, China, Dec. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Haier announced today that Euromonitor International, the global leader in consumer market strategy research, has again ranked Haier as the number one major appliance brand in the world with a 8.6% retail volume share in 2012 marking the fourth consecutive year Haier has been given this honor.
According to the report from Euromonitor, in terms of retail volume share, Haier gained the top position again in several product categories:
- Refrigeration Appliances
- Haier is the number one brand of Refrigeration Appliances in the world with 14.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 1.1 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one manufacturer of Refrigeration Appliances in the world with 16.6% retail volume share in 2012, up 0.1 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one brand of Freezers in the world with 18.6% retail volume share in 2012, up 1.9 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one manufacturer of Freezers in the world with 18.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 2 points from 2011.
- Home Laundry Appliances
- Haier is the number one brand of Home Laundry in the world with 11.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 0.9 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one manufacturer of Home Laundry in the world with 12.2% retail volume share in 2012.
- Electrical Wine Cooler/Chiller
- Haier is the number one brand, as well as the number one manufacturer of Electrical Wine Cooler/Chiller in the world with 15.3% retail volume share in 2012.
According to the report, the need for global household appliances continues to decrease due to the effects of financial crisis and the European debt crisis. However, Haier has won global consumers' favor with its differentiated products, and its global market share has increased continuously. The report indicates that, Haier again ranked as the number one major appliances brand in the world, with a 0.8% growth for Haier in global brand market share from 2011.
The reason of Haier's growth in spite of global slowdown is following the trend of Internet. In the Internet era, in order to achieve higher click-through rate, Haier has developed a win-win mode of Individual-Goal Combination, and it also has created its organizational structure to a closed-loop network. The goal of Haier is to build a platform, in which consumer needs and global professional resources can be matched.
Euromonitor International Limited, founded in the UK in 1972, is the world's leading independent provider of business intelligence on industries, countries and consumers. The Global Major Appliances Brands 2011 rankings are based on 2011 data from trade sources and national statistics.
Founded in Qingdao, Shandong province, China, in 1984 under the leadership of Mr. ZHANG Ruimin, its current Chairman and CEO, Haier is the No. 1 major home appliances brand in the world and China (Source: Euromonitor International Limited; retail volume sales in units based on 2011 data). Haier Group employs more than 80,000 people around the world and distributes products in more than 100 countries and regions with global revenues reaching US$23.3 billion in 2011. Haier's subsidiary, Qingdao Haier Co. Ltd (600690:SH), is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and Haier's subsidiary Haier Electronics Group Co Ltd. (01169:HK) is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Ms. Junli Yan
SOURCE Haier Group
More by this Source
Haier stellt umfangreiches Sortiment an intelligenten Haushaltsgeräten auf CES vor
10 Jan, 2013, 16:45 GMT
Haier muestra en CES su gama completa de aplicaciones inteligentes
10 Jan, 2013, 13:33 GMT
Haier présente une gamme complète d'électroménager et de téléviseurs intelligents pendant CES
10 Jan, 2013, 06:13 GMT
Journalists and Bloggers
Visit PR Newswire for Journalists for releases, photos and customised feeds just for Media.
View and download archived video content distributed by MultiVu on The Digital Center.
Until you hear the full story, why would you invest?
Making sound investment decisions can be difficult. You can study the figures and read the analyst recommendations, but how do you really know the story behind company strategy? How can you get answers to your questions?
The Private Investor Network helps you to reach an informed decision on the stocks you pick. Interactive presentations from UK listed companies give you the kind of access previously enjoyed only by the big fund managers. And with keynote speeches from industry experts, downloadable content and an investor lounge where you can swap tips with your peers, you can invest with confidence.
For more information, and to register for FREE, visit us at www.privateinvestornetwork.co.uk
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382