Delivering to the Cities of Tomorrow: Global Mega Trends and the Future of Urban Logistics
- Frost & Sullivan hosts complimentary webinar assessing the implications of global trends on city logistics
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
11:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, Nov. 29, 2012
Online, with complimentary registration
Program Manager Archana Amarnath and Senior Research Analyst Archana Vidyasekar for Frost & Sullivan's Visionary Innovation Research Group
Given the increasing levels of congestion and pollution, as well as the lack of space in cities, delivering to urban areas has become a daunting challenge for companies and logistics providers. Mega trends such as urbanization have compelled logistics service providers to experiment and trail a range of solutions exclusively for cities, which optimize logistics and transport activities while considering environmental and sustainability factors. Other mega trends, such as the growing pervasiveness of technology and the subsequent rise in online retail, have also placed intense pressure on the urban supply chain, including demands for quicker options like same day deliveries. This briefing will investigate the changing landscape of urban logistics and the current tactics adopted by logistics providers in an effort to tackle and capitalize on these global forces of change – mega trends.
Why you should attend:
- Understand the features and elements of urban logistics
- Gain insight into current and future urban logistics spending
- Recognize the implications of global mega trends on logistics
- Comprehend the interlinks of these mega trends and the implications on urban logistics on a micro level
- Identify the inherent potential market and business opportunities created by these trends in leading industries within the urban logistics space
- Spot the new business models in urban logistics, such as consolidated deliveries through the hub and spoke model
This briefing will be insightful for all supply chain stakeholders from the shippers, logistics providers (including carriers and parcel service providers), third-party logistics providers, and fourth-party logistics (4PL) companies, to the end users, which may include companies from any industry, ranging from retailers and automobile makers to fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) companies.
"To build a profitable urban logistics business, providers must innovate to offer seamless, quick and sustainable deliveries to cities," observed Frost & Sullivan Visionary Innovation Senior Research Analyst Archana Vidyasekar. "Many are already trailing and experimenting with tactics, such as same day deliveries, hybrid last mile deliveries, cross-docking smaller fuel-efficient vehicles, planned delivery schedules, and real-time virtual customer support, in a bid to capture the inherent business opportunities within this space."
- To attend the briefing, email email@example.com your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, company email address and web site, city, state and country.
- Receive a recorded version of the briefing anytime by submitting the aforementioned contact details.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
More by this Source
Frost & Sullivan: Are you Prepared for the Disruptions of Software Defined Networking?
05 Dec, 2013, 15:21 GMT
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382