Philips Debuts Data Analytics Driven, Intelligent Remote Equipment Diagnostics at the 2016 European Congress of Radiology
AMSTERDAM, March 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Powered by the Philips HealthSuite digital platform, new connected health solutions for radiology now include smart Imaging Data Analytics to enhance equipment service needs
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the 2016 European Congress of Radiology (ECR), held in Vienna, Austria, 2-6 March. The Philips booth (#102) located in hall X4 will showcase the company's ongoing commitment to radiology, empowering more efficient, connected healthcare solutions from diagnosis to treatment.
Powered by the HealthSuite digital platform, an open, cloud based platform that allows the creation of the next generation of connected health and clinical IT innovations, Philips has developed smart Imaging Data Analytics designed to analyze and assess modality performance to anticipate service requirements before they occur. One example is Philips 'e-Alert' services, which monitors critical system parameters 24/7 in order to identify and mitigate potential system issues before they affect daily operations.
"Our strategic goal is to move from a reactive to a proactive service model that enables uninterrupted continuity in care delivery," said Robert Cascella, CEO Imaging Business Groups at Philips. "We have built the capability to identify a potential problem before it happens. Customers require both optimal clinical performance and predictable cost of ownership - something smart data analytics can provide very effectively."
"Remote Service from Philips has enabled us to achieve system availability of more than 99%," said Prof. Dr. H.P.Busch, former Director of the Center for Radiology, Neuroradiology, Sonography and Nuclear Medicine, Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Bruder Trier, Germany. "For example, failure of our cooling water supply was detected at an early stage and a potential quench of the MR prevented."
The Philips commitment to innovative radiology solutions includes improving services and continuing to engage with radiology customers, delivering integrated software, solutions and services that resonate with their specific needs. Philips provides radiology practices and the critical insights needed to transform care, enabling practices to be more efficient and effective, while shaping positive clinical, financial, and operational environments. This commitment helps to improve people's health and enable better care across the entire health continuum.
Philips' integrated radiology software, solutions and services featured at ECR will spotlight key areas focused on:
Continuing to Advance Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer with IntelliSpace Portal 8.0
- The latest release of its advanced data sharing, analytics and visualization platform offers the power to help clinicians diagnose patients and communicate across modalities, with one efficient, automated, and guided workflow.
- Introduced at RSNA 2015, IntelliSpace Portal 8.0 offers a rich portfolio of applications to provide streamlined workflow for follow-up and analysis of oncology patients, including multi-modality tumor tracking, characterization and assessment.
- IntelliSpace Portal 8.0 debuts a fast and quantified 3-D rendering* and analysis of tumor imaging for research into treatment response.
Supporting Customers' Goals in First-Time-Right Imaging to Make MR More Accessible
- ScanWise Implant**: This MRI guided user interface and automatic scan parameter selection helps simplify the scanning of patients with MR Conditional implants, streamlining exams and supporting diagnostic confidence of this growing patient population.
- Ingenia 1.5T S: An addition to the Ingenia and dStream family, it is specifically designed for medium-to-large scale hospitals that serve large patient volumes that need high performance MR imaging and a superb patient experience.
- MR In-Bore Patient Experience: This Philips technology is designed to help patients relax and to enhance their comfort through their clinical exam. The technology now includes feedback on exam progress and the remaining time for patients to hold their breath during breath hold examinations.
- mDIXON XD: Delivers fast, improved sharpness*** , fat-free MR imaging to help visualize abnormalities that otherwise could be obscured by fat, increasing clinical information by providing two contrasts in a single scan.
Enabling Personalized and Accurate Imaging
- IQon Spectral CT: The world's first and only spectral-detector CT provides a comprehensive spectral solution for every patient including on-demand spectral quantification and tools, and the ability to characterize tissue structures with simple, low-dose workflows. Philips will demonstrate Spectral Magic Glass on PACS, an integrated feature to review and analyze spectral data retrospectively on the PACS.
Providing Diagnostic Confidence in a Growing Field
- Philips Ultrasound Portfolio: Includes EPIQ, Affiniti, ClearVue 850 and CX50 ultrasound systems, enabling more confidence in diagnosis and improved workflow efficiency, enhancing the patient experience. Work in progress Lumify and available only in the US.
Helping Meet Everyday Clinical and Economic Challenges through High Image Quality
- The Philips Diagnostic X-Ray Suite includes a comprehensive imaging portfolio to help enhance workflows and patient care, such as:
- SkyFlow: Grid-less workflow reduces the effect of scattered radiation for non-grid bedside chest exams, by obtaining DR images with grid-like contrast improvement while avoiding the time and effort of attaching and detaching a grid.
- CombiDiagnost R90 : A remote controlled premium fluoroscopy system in combination with high-end digital radiography is designed to improve room utilization in a cost effective manner. This future product is a work in progress and will provide high quality images through a fully digital workflow and dynamic UNIQUE image processing, in addition to excellent dose management features, turning an underutilized fluoroscopy room into a high throughput contributor.
- MobileDiagnost wDR, a future release with sliding column, and the MobileDiagnost M50, also a future release, will be shown as works in progress.
Improving Women's Mammography Experience through Improved Image Quality
- Philips MicroDose SI is designed to improve women's experience by providing a less stressful mammography examination, offering exceptional images at low radiation dose.
Integrated solutions at the Philips booth will also focus on advanced technologies helping to improve outcomes in diagnosis and treatment. Imaging guided therapies continue to be a key strategic focus for Philips, providing clinicians with the tools they need to improve diagnosis and treatment across the entire patient journey. As such, Philips will showcase:
- Its tailored interventional X‐ray suites (NeuroSuite, OncoSuite, and Hybrid Suite) that leverage AlluraClarity technology to provide excelling image quality and dose management advances.
- The latest innovations within the suites, including the EmboGuide and VesselNavigator, which address the need for an enhanced 3D imaging solution to support interventional oncology and vascular procedures.
Providing Enhanced Imaging to Balance Dose Exposure
- DoseWise Solutions: A radiation dose management solution that collects patient exposure data, combined with DoseAware Xtend**** to monitor staff occupational exposure, producing tailored reports, alerts and advanced analytics to balance radiation dose exposure.
Interactive digital demonstration
- Available for striking visual comparisons is Vereos Digital PET/CT, the world's first and only digital PET/CT, which provides approximately twice the volumetric resolution, sensitivity gain and quantitative accuracy compared to analog systems*****.
This material is not meant for distribution in the USA.
*For research use only
**Pending 510(k), not available for sale in the USA. Initial availability on 1.5T systems
***Fat-free TSE imaging with fat-shift correction for improved sharpness and increased SNR compared to a standard non-fat-shift corrected fat-free TSE approach.
****DoseAware Xtend is not a legal dosimeter and does not replace a TLD or film badge
*****Philips GEMINI TF 16
During ECR Philips will also be hosting symposiums for CT, MR and Mammography. For a full list of Philips symposia sessions, visit http://www.philips.co.uk/healthcare/about/events-calendar/ecr.
This material is not meant for distribution in the USA.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 24.2 billion and employs approximately 104,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at http://www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips
More by this Source
Philips presenta la solución de oncología de próxima generación OncoSuite*
09 Sep, 2016, 19:18 BST
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382