CHELTENHAM, England, May 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Automation of manual data and over 100 HR paper-based processes
Saves critical employee and business hours
XCD HR - http://www.xcdhr.com - is working in conjunction with Peterborough council to tailor their cloud-based HR solution in line with public sector requirements. This technology will enable employees to work more effectively and flexibly, saving both time and money.
"Local councils are facing huge pressures to save money. We have teams of experienced employees, who are good at their jobs. We want to retain our staff whilst making better use of valuable skills. We need to work more effectively moving forward," commented Richard Godfrey, Assistant Director: Digital Peterborough, Peterborough City Council.
Huge business savings - time & money:
Historically, many of the council's HR processes and procedures were paper-based. Over 100 of these tasks have now been automated. This allows employees to spend less time on paperwork and more time on the crucial elements of their jobs which really make a difference to the general public. The business can now ensure it utilises employee skills to the absolute maximum, which consequently improves internal operations and services to the community.
"We want social workers to be doing exactly that - social work, instead of sitting at their desks filling in forms. We are here to serve our community and so automating processes and enabling staff to work anywhere, from any device, means services will improve." continued Godfrey.
The Digital Peterborough Campaign:
Peterborough council is leading the digital revolution of the Public Sector under its "Digital Peterborough" campaign. Their aim is to transform the way in which they deliver services to their local community by partnering with a number of leading technology partners, including XCD HR, Salesforce, Box, Transversal and Arcus Global.
Tailored Technology from XCD HR:
The XCD HR http://www.xcdhr.com solution is a perfect fit. Not only does it meet the requirements of an employee-centric, self-service system, but it also sits on the same technology platform (Force.com) that all other systems used within the council are migrating to as part of the council's innovative Technology Strategy.
XCD HR has taken its standard, out-of-the box solution and worked alongside Peterborough to develop the system to specifically fit their needs. Although the Public Sector HR model is complex, it's mainly rule-based as the majority of contracts, salaries, leave, benefits and pensions are standardised. It was staggering to see the volume of paperwork, duplication of data and the time that it took to collate reports and analyse data.
"We could see the immediate benefits of automating their processes and the efficiencies it would make right across the organisation, for HR, Managers and Employees. We were in the perfect position to take on this challenge because the Force.com platform enables us to work four times faster compared to traditional software, and our clients have their data stored in the Salesforce UK data centre," added Chris Mitford-Slade, CEO, XCD HR.
- Immediate benefits/efficiency gains across the council (for HR, Managers and Employees) have been realised
- Improved reporting capability with 24/7 up-to-date decision making data available to appropriate audience supporting CMT
- Improved access to information to support a more mobile workforce using current communication tools - phone, tablet, pc, from anywhere via the cloud
- HR's workload has become far more manageable and CIPD skills put to better use
- Less chasing is required due to the approval process and email alert reminders on managers and employees
Future benefits for the Public Sector:
This means that there is now a tailored solution available to the entire public sector. Other UK councils will be able to utilise the design built and benefit from a reduction in the length of their implementation projects by harnessing this expertise. This will be of huge benefit to the marketplace as the system is already tried and tested and implementation time will be hugely reduced moving forwards.
"It has been a pleasure to work with a software supplier which has felt like you are working with your own in-house development team. We've been able to tailor the solution and mould the new system as if it were a bespoke project just for PCC," added Jan Paxton, HR Analyst, Peterborough Council.
"Digital Peterborough" is a long-term project and XCD HR will continue to work in partnership with the team. The XCD HR solution can be purchased via the G-Cloud, an initiative targeted at easing procurement by public sector bodies.
For more information on XCD HR please visit http://www.xcdhr.com or call +44-(0)203-078-9858.
- XCD is a trusted Salesforce partner and pioneering HR software provider.
- XCD HR is a true cloud solution, available 24 x 7 and accessible from any internet enabled device. Self-service, workflow and alerts can be utilised to reduce workload, engage staff and automate key HR processes in real-time. XCD HR caters for global and local HR rules, multi-language and multi-currency. A single record for each system entry ensures data reliability with no duplication.
- Our team leverages over 25 years HR experience (from administrator to global director level) allying this with almost 15 years' experience at the forefront of cloud computing innovation.
- Renowned for its core HRMS technologies, established upon real world experience and devised by HR professionals, for HR professionals.
- Client base includes MNCs, SMEs, government and charitable institutions, spanning North America, Asia and EMEA.
- 25 000 users across 35 countries with clients including Investec Asset Management, SABMiller, Quintessential Brands, Sanden International and Unity Technologies.
- The user-friendly, efficient and easily accessible SaaS solution saves organisations' both time and money each and every day.
- Jan Paxton, HR Business Analyst at Peterborough City Council, who is leading the project, first came across CEO and founder of XCD HR, Chris Mitford-Slade at the CIPD Software Show in June 2014.
For all media enquiries, press assets, images and interview requests please contact:
SOURCE XCD HR Limited