DALLAS, September 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
ReportsnReports.com adds a new consumer electronics market research report, published in September 2014 and titled World Consumer Electronics Market, to its store. This research focuses on video devices and explores the main technological and industrial trends in the following market segments: TV - STB - Digital Media Boxes - Portable Media Devices - PC. It also delivers key findings on our market sizing and forecasts for CE and connected CE, with a highlight on Ultra HD TV set sales (volume and value) and it's prospective up to 2018. The study includes a report and a detailed dataset. Complete report is available at http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/298227-world-consumer-electronics-market.html .
Executive summary of world consumer electronics market 2014 research report covers four major points including Technological innovation, new services and new consumer habits, CE device sales will continue to rise up to 2018, Mobile devices are best sellers worldwide and Over 2 billion connectable devices will be sold in 2014. The research also says that handheld consoles account for 2.7% of portable media device sales worldwide in 2014. The computers market is set to see average 4.2% drop in computer sales between 2014 and 2018 vs. a 15.3% increase for tablets. The era of hybrid box is set to take over in the digital media box (DMB) segment with this sector projected to see close to 10% average annual growth between 2014 and 2018.
The set-top-box market (STB) segment of consumer electronics industry is discussed in this research with its future in detail. Online content is slowing the STB market while regional disparities are visible in digital STB sales. Cable STB growth will be shaped majorly by upgrades whereas Asia-Pacific largely drives the growth of satellite STBs set-top-boxes market. Average annual growth of 6.8% between 2014 and 2018 is forecast for the IPTV STB sector.
The TVs market (Televisions) is on the road to UHD and OLED with thriving technological climate. UHD is taking off well with recording and broadcasting still in trial phases. UHD equipment and services sectors are developing steadily. TV market sales are expected to pick up in 2016 where in Ultra-HD TV is set to penetrate in 8.4% of TV households in 2018 and vast majority of TVs sold in North America and Europe are/will be connectable.
Order a copy of world consumer electronics market 2014 - 2018 research report at http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=298227 .
Database Indicators of the World Consumer Electronics Market Report:
Digital media boxes
- Home video game consoles
- Blu-ray player/recorders
- Digital media adapters, also known as multimedia gateways, which allow users to read audio and video content and images from other storage sources and display/play them on the TV screen. Digital media recorders are DMAs capable of recording programmes off the TV. They may come with a built-in hard drive, but the current trend tends to be DMRs without a hard drive.
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers. This sub-segment includes netbooks and notebooks.
- The television segment includes LCD screens: LED, plasma and OLED. These sub-segments are not displayed separately in the database.
The set-top box segment includes four sub-segments:
- cable STB
- Satellite STB
- Terrestrial TV STB
- IPTV STB
Portable media devices
- Handheld video game consoles
- Media tablets
Indicators by devices
- Domestic shipments (million units)
- Installed base (million units), including an average replacement rate for each category of device
- Connectable domestic shipment (million units)
- Connectable installed base (million units)
- Penetration rate for connectable devices (% of households)
- Relationship between the percentage of homes equipped with a connectable device and the percentage equipped with this specific device (%).
The "Worldwide" data in the database do not include the Africa/Middle East region.
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
Explore more reports on the consumer electronics market, the semiconductor and electronics industry (http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/semiconductor-and-electronics/ ) as well as the retail sector at http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/retail/ .
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 450,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252
Connect With Us on: