BRUSSELS, June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Europioneers will reward the people behind the companies!
The European Commission, Deloitte, European Young Innovators Forum and HUB Institute, have launched the second edition of the Europioneers Awards, a competition to reward the best European Web Entrepreneurs and their successful initiatives, as part of the EC StartUp Europe activities framework for web entrepreneurship. This Award is a unique opportunity to obtain European visibility and a strong legitimacy in the digital business ecosystem. Interested companies should apply now!
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140612/691083-b )
The 2013 winners were Alexander Ljung & Eric Wahlforss of Soundcloud, European Entrepreneurs of the year, and Jon Reynolds of SwiftKey as Young Entrepreneur of the year. This year the EC has added two categories: high-Growth web entrepreneur and Female Web Entrepreneur Awards.
The 2014 awards categories are:
- European Web Entrepreneur of the Year Award : Those eligible as per the European Commission "Web Entrepreneur": Web entrepreneurs who create new digital services and products that use the web and mobile as an indispensable component. Main services and/or products are innovative in the EU region. The company should be based in one of the EU member states, and at least 50% of founders should be citizens or permanent residents of the EU member states.
- Young European Web Entrepreneur of the Year - Youth Award
- Web Entrepreneur must be < 30 years old
- Company must not be a spin-off of an existing company
- A scalable business model
- Company should demonstrate a promising track-record of early achievements
- High Growth Web Entrepreneur of the Year - Gazelle Award
- Company should be not be more than 3 years old
- Initial size of minimum 19 employees at start of reference period
- Average yearly growth of 20% over a period of 3 years - growth can be in terms of revenue and or employees
- Female Web Entrepreneur of the Year
- Executive chair should be female woman
- At least 50% of the founders of the company should be women
Web entrepreneurs can apply here : http://www.europioneers.eu/apply/
And Follow @europioneers
May 6th : Launching the contest & the web site @ The Next Berlin - Berlin
June 30th : Closing public application process
July 1st - September 19th : Public voting
September 24th : Short list announcement of top 5 per category @ Unconvention - Brussels
September 24th - October 24th : Public voting
November 3rd : Award Ceremony @ The Summit - Dublin
Winners will be elected 30% from the public and 70 % from the jury who will include digital personalities, successful web entrepreneurs, investors & business angels, industry leaders, institutional representatives.
Since 2013, the Europioneers competition has rewarded European Web Entrepreneurs. Over 1 200 nominations and 5600 votes involving 27 European countries have been registered for the first 2013 edition. The objectives of the award are to identify and recognise successful European web initiatives to promote the role web entrepreneurs play in European society and to encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
HUB Institute - Natacha Heurtault - email@example.com - Tel: +33-6-12-23-58-60
SOURCE HUB Institute