DUBLIN, Mar. 06, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3wn3pd/wealth_in_south) has announced the addition of the "Wealth in South Africa: The Future of South African HNWIs" report to their offering.
South Africa has almost twice as many millionaires as any other African country. This report provides a comprehensive review of the wealth sector in South Africa, including HNWI trends, wealth management trends and luxury trends in the country.
- Independent market sizing of local HNWIs across five wealth bands.
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2013 (the review period).
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2017.
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 16 asset classes.
- Details on offshore funds and where they are held.
- Demographics including suburb, city, gender, racial, age and sector breakdowns of HNWIs.
- Size of local wealth management industry.
- Largest domestic private banks by AuM.
- Detailed wealth management and family office information.
- Review of luxury and collectables industry in country.
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth.
- South Africa has the highest number of HNWIs in Africa. As of 2013, there are over 48,700 HNWIs in South Africa, with a combined wealth of US$200 billion, accounting for roughly 35% of South Africa's total individual wealth (US$570 billion).
- South African HNWIs outperformed the worldwide HNWI average during the review period (2007 to 2013), with South African HNWI numbers increasing by 14% whilst worldwide HNWI volumes declined by 0.3%.
- The rise in US dollar based HNWI wealth occurred despite a significant 30% depreciation of the Rand against the US dollar during the review period.
- HNWI growth was positively influenced by a rise in new business formation, particularly in the BEE arena, as well as solid local stock exchange returns and rising commodity prices.
- Growth in HNWI wealth and volumes will be solid over the forecast period as more new businesses are developed within the country.
- Over the four year forecast period, the number of South Africa's HNWIs is forecast to grow by 28%, to reach over 62,400 in 2017. HNWI wealth will see a larger percentage increase, growing by 30% to reach US$259 billion in 2017.
Key Topics Covered:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2 Executive Summary
3 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
4 Findings from the New World Wealth HNWI Database
5 Analysis of South African HNWI investments
6 The Wealth Sector in South Africa
7 Luxury Sector in South Africa
9 About New World Wealth
- Barclays (ABSA Wealth)
- BoE Private Clients
- Brenthurst Wealth
- Credit Suisse
- Credo Group
- Hugo Boss
- Kleinwort Benson
- Mont Blanc
- Nedbank Private Wealth
- Old Mutual Wealth
- PSG Konsult
- Sable Wealth Management
- Sanlam (SPI)
- Standard Bank
- Stead Wealth
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3wn3pd/wealth_in_south
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets