- Partners with Video Game Intelligence to Launch Premier European Interactive Entertainment Gathering
LOS ANGELES and LONDON, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS), in partnership with Video Games Intelligence (VGI), today announced the inaugural D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Europe conference that will premiere Sept. 24-25, 2013 at the Royal Garden Hotel. Like the annual D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas, which draws some of the brightest and most influential interactive entertainment industry leaders, decision makers and visionaries, D.I.C.E. Europe will offer an unparalleled experience highlighted by premium networking opportunities and a stellar speaker lineup.
This two-day event will open Tuesday, Sept. 24, with a full day of networking events for attendees to flex their competitive muscles; organizers will reprise many of the popular events from D.I.C.E. Vegas with a go-karting tournament and a casino poker night. On Wednesday, Sept. 25, there will be a full day of speaker sessions to address the dynamic changes and growth of the industry.
The D.I.C.E. Summit speaker program is renowned for jump starting the key industry conversations that resonate throughout the year, and impact the trends directly affecting the industry. The first speakers exemplify the types of industry luminaries who will enlighten, inspire and challenge the attendees.
- Rich Hilleman, Chief Creative Director of Electronic Arts, who started developing product with Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator and continued on with some of the most beloved EA titles.
- Victor Kislyi, CEO and founder of Wargaming.net, and the leading visionary behind the blockbuster World of Tanks, the Massive Assault series, as well as the highly-anticipated World of Warplanes and World of Warships action MMOs.
- Peter Molyneux, CEO and founder of 22cans, the visionary designer and programmer who was the AIAS' 2004 Hall of Fame inductee who created Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Black & White and recently Curiosity – What's Inside the Cube?
- Torstein Reil, CEO and founder of NaturalMotion, who has been named amongst MIT's TR100 global top innovators, Next-Gen's 25 People in the Games Industry, and Develop magazine's 25 Game Changers
"With the explosive growth in mobile and new console experiences launching this year, we feel the time is right to bring the D.I.C.E. experience to Europe," said Martin Rae, president, Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. "We had our most successful D.I.C.E. Summit yet in the U.S., and look forward to working with our partner, Video Games Intelligence, to establish a similar opportunity for European industry luminaries to gather and share insights. London is a key, long-term gaming hub and the ideal spot to launch the newest D.I.C.E. extension."
"Video Games Intelligence have been organizing and hosting c-level gatherings for the interactive entertainment industry since 2010. The growth of digital distribution, proliferation of mobile devices and emergence of new consoles makes this a pivotal time for the future of games," said Alex Manessi, Head of Video Games Intelligence. "D.I.C.E. is the premier place for the decision makers that shape the industry to meet, do business and learn and with the disruption in games today, there has never been a better time to launch this strong brand in the European market."
Registration for D.I.C.E. Europe is currently open. Register now to get the early registration pricing at www.videogamesintelligence.com/dice-europe/.
The D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas will be held at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on Feb. 4-6, 2014.
SOURCE Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences