SAN FRANCISCO, March 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global single cell analysis market size is expected to reach USD 8.02 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 16.9% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Advancements in molecular techniques which resulted in higher accuracy, ability to perform multiple omics analyses in one cell, and automation, has lowered the barriers for implementation of single-cell analysis techniques across various end-use settings. As a result, companies are investing in introducing novel solutions to accelerate the identification and quantification of genetic information in individual cells for research programs, thereby contributing to revenue growth in this market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Consumables accounted for the major revenue share in 2019 owing to the continuous demand and repeated purchase of products offered under this segment
- Introduction of automated instruments is anticipated to boost the revenue growth for instrument segment
- Cancer biology is one of the majorly benefitted applications of single-cell analysis
- Investigation at the individual cellular level has resolved several concerns associated with tumor mechanism and drug response, which has fomented the uptake of this technology analysis in cancer biology
- Single cell analysis is being researched and employed across various end-use settings ranging from academic research institutes to biopharmaceutical companies
- However, since it is in infant stage in the current mark, majorly it is employed with research end-user settings
- Hospitals and diagnostic laboratories segment is expected to emerge as the lucrative source of revenue in the forthcoming years, due to the ongoing efforts to bridge the gap for implementation of OMICs technology from research laboratories to clinical settings
- North America dominated the global revenue share in 2019, owing to the continuous strategies undertaken in U.S. for development of robust therapies and advance the disease diagnosis
- Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period with China & India at the forefront. A high number of CAR T clinical trials in China and low operating cost for clinical trials in India would contribute to the anticipated growth
- Some key players operating in the Single cell analysis market are Illumina, Inc.; Qiagen N.V.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Merck Millipore GmbH; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Fluidigm, BGI; 10x Genomics, Inc.; and Novogene Corporation
- Companies like Illumina and Qiagen are expected to gain competitive advantage on account of their wide sequencing portfolio. On the other hand, companies like 10x Genomics, Inc. are anticipated to witness significant organic revenue growth owing to wide product portfolio
Read 150 page research report with ToC on "Single Cell Analysis Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Application (IVF, Cancer, Immunology, Neurology, Stem Cell, Non-invasive Prenatal Diagnosis), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/single-cell-analysis-market
This technology has addressed several research challenges with respect to biological intricacies in stem cell biology, tumor biology, immunology, and other therapeutic areas. This leads to improved therapeutic decision-making with regards to precision medicine, thereby driving the adoption of these assays in personalized therapeutic development.
The growth in research publications depicts the increasing R&D investments. Since R&D activities are considered as the foundation of innovation, investments in R&D activities signify a healthy growth prospect for the single cell analysis market. Moreover, the establishment of new single cell genomics centers in the past years is anticipated to boost the uptake of instruments and consumables for single cell analysis, thus driving the growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global single cell analysis market on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
- Single-cell Analysis Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Assay Kits
- Other Consumables
- Manual Instruments
- Automated Instruments
- Flow cytometers
- Next Generation Sequencing
- PCR Systems
- High-content Screening System
- Cell Microarrays
- Automated Cell Counters
- Single-cell Analysis Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Stem Cell
- Non-invasive Prenatal Diagnosis
- In-vitro Fertilization
- Single-cell Analysis End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Academic & Research Laboratories
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Single-cell Analysis Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Single-use Bioprocessing Market– The global single-use bioprocessing market size was valued at USD 12.6 billion in 2019 and is projected to witness a CAGR of 12.8% during the forecast period.
- Next Generation Sequencing Market– Next generation sequencing assays have become an integral process in several areas of clinical diagnostics, which in turn is driving the market for next generation sequencing.
- Protein Stability Analysis Market– The global protein stability analysis market size was valued at USD 985.8 million in 2019 and is expected to register a CAGR of 10.8% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.