SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ovarian cancer diagnostics market size is expected to reach USD 2 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 6.2%. The growth of the market can be attributed to an increase in the prevalence of ovarian cancer and emergence of novel diagnostic products. As of 2018, ovarian cancer had the highest mortality rate of all gynecologic cancers. It accounted for nearly 14,000 deaths in the U.S. in 2018. No specific symptoms render early diagnosis of the disease. The exact causative factors remain unknown, creating a key unmet need for further research to obtain clarity on the underlying molecular mechanisms.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Incidence of ovarian cancer worldwide has been declining over the past decades
- Although ultrasound imaging is the fist-line of diagnosis, the technique cannot be used for staging the disease
- Computerized Tomography (CT) imaging is preferred for staging the disease
- CA125 remained the mainstay in blood test biomarkers in 2018
- HER2 and BRCA1/2 tests are expected to witness a rapid growth during the forecast period owing to the rising awareness of early diagnosis and genetic tests
- The ovarian cancer diagnostics market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period.
Read 100 page research report with TOC on "Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics Market Size, Share, & Trends Analysis Report By Diagnosis Type (Imaging, Blood Test), By Cancer Type (Epithelial Tumor, Stromal Cell Tumor), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ovarian-cancer-diagnostics-market
Women aged 60 years & above have a higher predisposition to it. As it is often diagnosed in advanced stages, treatment options are limited. Moreover, on the basis of race, incidence rates were higher among Caucasian women than African-American women. The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) system is used for staging ovarian cancer. Staging process helps identify ovarian tumors, calculate their size, and detect invasion & metastasis.
Early detection and diagnosis significantly improve patient survival rates. For instance, in case of epithelial tumors, patients with stage 1 ovarian cancer have a survival rate of nearly 90%, whereas patients with stage 4-the most advanced phase-have a mere 15% survival rate. Technological advancements in PET and MRI as well as in diagnosis of BRCA mutations have positively impacted market growth.
The diagnostic landscape is gradually shifting toward genetic testing and counseling. As the disease bears a high risk of inheritance of gene mutation, guidelines pertaining to ovarian cancer diagnostics recommend all patients to undergo genetic counseling and testing. Earlier, BRCA1/2 was the most prominent test; however, advancements in medical science have now made it possible to test more than 20 genes in each patient.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ovarian cancer diagnostics market on the basis of cancer type, diagnosis type, end use, and region:
- Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics Cancer Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Epithelial Tumor
- Germ Cell Tumor
- Stromal Cell Tumor
- Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics Diagnosis Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- CT Scan
- MRI Scan
- PET Scan
- Blood Test
- ER & PR
- KRAS Mutation
- Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Hospital Laboratories
- Cancer Diagnostic Centers
- Research Institutes
- Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Arrhythmia Market – Arrhythmia is an abnormal heart rhythm. It may feel like fluttering or a brief pause. It may be so brief that it does not change your overall heart rate (the number of times per minute that your heart beats); or it can cause the heart rate to be too slow or too fast.
- Tuberculosis Testing Market – Tuberculosis is an infectious or sometimes fatal disease with mycobacteria its major cause. In common tuberculosis attacks the lungs, or even other parts of the body such as genitourinary system, lymphatic system and central nervous system.
- Diagnostic Electrocardiography Devices Market – Global diagnostic electrocardiography devices market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases coupled with rising geriatric population base.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.