BRUNN AM GEBIRGE, Austria, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- In 2017 5.2 bn. Euros will be billed via cell phone billing.
Market research company Juniper Research and DIMOCO, the European mobile payment providerhttp://www.dimoco.eu, demonstrate the development of the digital generation. "Mr. D." consumes, produces and shares digital content from morning to night. By 2017, digital content worth more than 5.2 billion per annum is expected to be billed via direct carrier billing in Europe.
"As a mobile payment provider, we are specialized in billing digital content via cell phone billing. This makes it essential to keep an eye on trends in this area. Mr. D. shows us how digital content influences our daily lives", says Gerald Tauchner, DIMOCO CEO, adding: "We are happy to release a further publication together with Juniper Research".
DIMOCO and Juniper Research demonstrate digital generation trends
The European mobile payment provider DIMOCO http://www.dimoco.eu and the market research company Juniper Research present "Mr. D." Mr. D. stands for "Mister Digital" and is a symbol for the developments in the digital generation. "With Mr. D. as an example, digital content trends become visible. On the one hand we would like to get a better insight into the developments in this area, and on the other hand, we would like to show companies their business potential and success with mobile operator payment," Tauchner explains the project objective.
Digital generation trends overview:
- More than 130 million Western European smartphone owners accessed social media sites on their handsets in 2012; Facebook alone now has more than 870 million users worldwide on mobile handsets and tablets, while Twitter has around 175 million. (Source: Juniper Research, 12/2013)
- Digital content worth around €790 million was billed via direct carrier billing in Europe in 2012; this is expected to increase to more than €5.2 billion per annum by 2017 (DIMOCO - Juniper Research, 12/2013)
- More than 45% of Western Europeans purchased digital content on their smartphones or tablets in 2013 (Juniper Research, 12/2013)
- According to Localytics, the average time spent on a tablet news app session is just under 15 minutes. (12/2013)
- Across Europe, more than 80 million consumer-owned devices were used in the enterprise in 2013. (Juniper Research, 12/2013)
- NFC retail payments in Europe approached €1 billion in 2013. (Juniper Research, 12/2013)
- Over 1 billion coupons delivered to mobile handsets in Western Europe in 2012 were redeemed. (Juniper Research, 12/2013)
- According to Ooyala, more than one-third of tablet viewing time is used to watch content of more than an hour in length, while Adobe states that average session time - for all tablet content - is 24 minutes, versus 13 minutes on a smartphone. (12/2013)
- Mr. D. is both media meshing - performing a second media activity related to his TV viewing (posting on social media about the TV programme) and media stacking - performing an unrelated media activity (playing the game on his tablet) while watching TV. According to OFCOM's 2013 Communications Market Report, 25% of UK adults now media mesh and 49% media stack; amongst tablet owners, 81% media mesh and/or media stack. (12/2013)
Mobile operator payment is the ideal billing method
In a recently published white paper by Juniper Research and DIMOCO, mobile operator payment was confirmed as the ideal digital content payment method. Companies profit from a higher reach, a better conversion rate and a transaction volume increase: "By implementing direct carrier billing, a 10 to 14 time higher conversion rate and a transaction volume increase was determined. (Juniper and DIMOCO White Paper: "Is Mobile Operator Payment the Ideal Payment Method to Bill Digital Content" http://www.dimoco.us/download.html, 12/2013)
Founded in 2000, DIMOCO is a leading European mobile payment and messaging provider. With its product line DIMOCO pay:smart, DIMOCO pay:flexible and DIMOCO pay:periodic and only one technical interface DIMOCO offers companies an easy way to bill digital content via cell phone billing. The DIMOCO mobile payment infrastructure covers a total market potential of 1 billion mobile subscribers in 32 countries.
Margit Anglmaier; DIMOCO Europe GmbH
Europaring F15/302, A-2345 Brunn am Gebirge
Mr. D. Poster: "A typical day of the digital generation: From morning to night, Mr. D. produces, consumes and shares digital content." © DIMOCO, Juniper Research 03/2014
SOURCE DIMOCO Europe GmbH