DUBLIN, Aug. 06, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t68mtl/investigation) has announced the addition of the "Investigation Report on China's Salmon Calcitonin Market, 2010-2019" report to their offering.
China has become the country with the largest number of osteoporosis patients. A nationwide large-scale epidemiological survey has also shown that the incidence of osteoporosis in China has exceeded 12% and that this figure among elders is over 50%, among which nearly 33% suffer from fracture. Some experts forecast that the number of osteoporosis patients and patients with low bone mass will rise to 280 million. Bone metabolism is mainly regulated by calcitonin, sex hormone, parathyroid hormone and active vitamin D. As endocrine disorder is the most important reason for the development of osteoporosis, calcium supplement alone can't prevent middle aged and elder people from osteoporosis effectively.
Currently, there are over ten kinds of osteoporosis drugs in the Chinese market. The TOP5 products for sales value in 2014 are zoledronic acid, salmon calcitonin, alendronate sodium, alfacalcidol and sodium ibandronate which take up a market share of over 80%, leaving less than 20% to the rest products. In 1994, Novartis's salmon calcitonin entered China under the trade name of Miacalcic and later salmon calcitonin made by Lisapharma S. p. A came into the Chinese market.
The main dosage forms in the market are injection and spray. The domestic salmon calcitonin injection was first developed by Hebei Union Pharmaceutical in 1997 under the trade name of Bangruide, followed by products coming from more than ten local enterprises. Salmon calcitonin's annual sales value has realized a 17.7% CAGR during the period of 2005-2011 despite a fluctuation during the period of 2012-2014.
It is expected that there is still room for the salmon calcitonin market to grow in China.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Related Concepts of Salmon Calcitonin
2 Market Profile of Salmon Calcitonin in China
3 Survey on Sales Status of Salmon Calcitonin in China, 2010-2014
4 Survey on Market Share of Major Manufacturers of Salmon Calcitonin in China, 2010-2014
5 Survey on Dosage Forms of Salmon Calcitonin in China, 2010-2014
6 Reference Price of Salmon Calcitonin in Chinese Hospitals in 2014
7 Major Manufactures of Salmon Calcitonin in Chinese Market, 2010-2014
8 Market Outlook of Salmon Calcitonin in China, 2015-2019
- Novartis AG (Switzerland)
- Luye Pharma Group
- Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan)
- Beijing Sciecure Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- Qingdao GD Biotechnology Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t68mtl/investigation
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets