LONDON, February 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- More than 200,000 booking enquiries for holiday cottages, villas and apartments in busiest January ever
- 56,000 properties now listed in 119 countries worldwide
- Consumers desperate for winter sun escapes as demand for last minute Canaries accommodation rises 14% and Indonesia demand soars 440% year on year
- Jubilee week is the most enquired about seven night period with England appealing most
- Easter weekend breaks in Prague lead the city break charge while Albufeira leads the popularity stakes for Easter and Jubilee weekend sunshine escapes
- Short haul sun and renowned ski resorts appeal most for February half term
- A Miami Beach property tops the list of most enquired about in first six weeks of 2012
- Seeb, Oman tops destinations where demand most outstrips supply of accommodation
- Seven night breaks dominate enquiries, with the exception of Turkey where 14 night breaks in July are currently most popular
Demand for holiday villas, cottages and chalets on holidaylettings.co.uk grew by almost 30 per cent in January 2012 year on year. Consumer choice in this arena also continues to grow with more than 56,000 options now available in 8,304 destinations worldwide.
Well known destinations draw the volume of enquiries from those seeking reliable climate in the case of winter sun breaks in the Canaries. Reliable skiing conditions also take priority as Chamonix and Grand Massif appear fifth and sixth in the list of most enquired about destinations for February half term holidays.
The most commonly enquired about holiday start date in January was 2 June 2012, compared to 6 August 2011 in January last year. The opportunity to take three days off from work and secure a nine day break are sure to be driving this, thanks to the additional Jubilee Bank Holiday.
Under-the-radar destinations like Seeb in Oman, Cala'n Bosch in Menorca and Figueretas in Ibiza are attracting holidaymakers but are yet to benefit from second home investors to help boost the accommodation offering.
Within the UK, city breaks rest alongside traditional seaside haunts as favourites for February half term. London, Bath, York and Edinburgh mingle with Brighton, Newquay, Bournemouth and St Ives creating a decided split between holidays with more of an educational edge and those hoping for fresh air and relaxation by the sea.