DUBLIN, Mar. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fzv3mt/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Outlook 2014: Mature Biotech" report to their offering.
Positive sentiments for the biotech sector have prevailed in the last two to three years, and the authors expect this trend to continue for the next year too. The optimism is based on the continuity in the flow of innovative products from the biotech pipeline, implementation of strategic decisions to improve cost efficiency, strengthen therapeutic leadership, and hedge against generic threats - which all lend stability to the business model.
Focus and interest in Orphan diseases remains and Alexion kept everyone guessing on the possible acquisition. BMRN, Alexion are likely candidates to be acquired in this space. In the next five years the distinction between some mature biotech companies and large global pharma may become blurred especially if there is consolidation within the sector.
AMGN was the first amongst the peers to declare a dividend and this has raised the bar/expectations from others too. First mAb Biosimilar (Hospira's infliximab - Inflectra) was approved in EU and the pipeline, competition intensifies despite no firm regulatory pathway being defined in the US. This report contains the detailed discussion of the key attributes of leading biotech companies' Acorda, Alexion, Amgen, Biogen Idec, Celgene, Gilead, Regeneron and Vertex.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Acorda Therapeutics - Pipeline of NDDS Drugs targeting Niche Indications
2. Alexion Pharma - Focus on Innovative Drugs for Orphan/ Ultra-rare Diseases with No
3. Amgen - Late-Stage Pipeline Carries Potential to Counteract Expected Headwinds
4. Biogen Idec - Near-Term Growth Prospects Driven by Core Business + New Product Launches
5. Celgene - Innovative Strategies for Long Term Gains
6. Regeneron - Label Expansion Sustains Eylea's Growth Momentum + Late Stage Pipeline
7. Vertex Pharma - Focus Shift to Cystic Fibrosis and Niche Indications
- Biogen Idec
- Gilead Sciences
- Vertex Pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fzv3mt/global
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets