DUBLIN, August 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l46hdk/dimethyl_ether) has announced the addition of the "Dimethyl Ether Market: Global Trends & Forecasts 2018 & 2023" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
DME is commercially manufactured by first converting coal or natural gas to syn gas, which is converted to methanol in the presence of a catalyst. Methanol is then dehydrated to form DME as an end product. A significant portion of DME is also manufactured by simply dehydrating marketed methanol in order to avoid huge plant establishment cost. The uses of DME vary by regions. In general, it is used for blending in liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in a pre-defined proportion to improve its burning properties and also to reduce the deficit of LPG in various countries. It is also used as an aerosol propellant, as an acetylene substitute for welding & brazing applications and as a precursor to other chemical compounds. DME has the potential to replace diesel and can also be employed for power generation due to its clean burning properties.
The global market for DME has grown significantly during recent years and is expected to grow at a rapid pace in the next five years, mainly driven by increasing demand in the Asia-Pacific region. China consumed more than 90.0% of the global DME demand in 2012, mainly for fuel applications. A market for DME in other countries is gradually emerging and is expected to grow significantly in the future. Various countries like South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Sweden, Egypt, and Trinidad & Tobago have their own respective focus to develop a DME market by producing domestically or by sourcing it from other countries. Currently, the production facilities are majorly concentrated in China, with few capacities in Japan, Germany, The Netherlands and the U.S.
This study aims to estimate the global market of DME for 2013 and to project the expected demand of the same in 2018 & 2023. This market research study provides detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of the global DME market. It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, winning imperatives, challenges, and key issues in the market. Competitive scenarios of the top players in the DME market are discussed in detail. Profiles of leading players of the industry with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities are also included.
Scope of the Report:
- Applications: The DME market is segmented on the basis of industry application such as LPG Blending, Aerosol Propellant, Transportation Fuel, and others. Each application is further described in detail in the report with volume forecasts for each application.
- Raw materials: The DME market is segmented on the basis of raw materials including Coal, Methanol, Natural Gas, and Bio Based feedstock.
- Geography: The markets of key countries including China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Sweden, Egypt, Germany, The Netherlands, U.S. etc. are covered.
- The global DME market has been witnessing many developments in recent years. DME is a preferred and widely accepted alternative fuel due to its clean burning properties and the focus of various regulatory bodies to reduce the dependence on oil and gas by-products for meeting the current and future energy needs. DME consumption has grown significantly in recent times and is at an emerging stage in various countries with sufficient coal deposits and rising energy deficit.
- Currently, China is the single largest consumer of DME, consuming more than 90.0% of the total global consumption.
- Currently, a huge volume of DME is blended with LPG, which is further expected to increase as per the current focus of various countries in Asia-Pacific. T
- Due to the unavailability of trading norms and export infrastructure of DME, it is hardly traded among the countries.
Key Topics Covered
2 Executive Summary
3 Premium Insights
3.1 DME Market Segments
3.2 DME Market Dynamics
3.3 DME Market Global Outlook
3.4 DME Applications Market
3.5 DME Raw Materials Market
3.6 Competitive Strategies
4 Market Overview
4.2 Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Market Scenario
4.4 Market Dynamics
4.5 Burning Issue
4.6 Winning Imperatives
4.8 Raw Material Analysis
4.9 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.10 Patents Analysis
5 Regional Capacity Forecast
5.1 Capacity Forecast
6 Dimethyl Ether (DME) Market, By Raw Materials
6.4 Natural Gas
6.5 Bio Based
7 Dimethyl Ether (DME) Market, By Applications
7.2 LPG Blending
7.3 Aerosol Propellant
7.4 Transportation Fuel
8 Dimethyl Ether (DME) Market, By Geography
9 Competitive Landscape
9.2 Expansion: The Most Popular Growth Strategy
9.3 Maximum Developments In 2010 & 2012
9.4 Europe: Region With Maximum Developments
9.5 Biodme, Korea Gas Corporation, China Energy Ltd: The Most Active Participants
9.6 Agreements & Collaborations
10 Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products & Services, Strategy, And Developments)
- U.S. Patents
- Europe Patents
- Japan Patents
List Of Tables (57 Tables)
- Aestar (Zhongshan)
- Akzo Nobel
- China Energy
- Dme Aerosol
- Fuel Dme Production
- Guanghui Energy
- Korea Gas Corporation (Kogas)
- Methanex Corporation
- Xinao Group
- Zagros Petrochemical
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l46hdk/dimethyl_ether
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets