SAN FRANCISCO, January 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global diabetic foot ulcer treatment market size is expected to reach a value of USD 6.82 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of diabetes, increasing healthcare expenses, and rapidly growing geriatric population worldwide are some of the major factors driving the diabetic foot ulcer treatment market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The biologics segment commanded the largest share in 2017 and is projected to retain its position through the forecast period, due to increased adoption and potential approvals of growth factors
- North America dominated the DFU treatment market in 2017 due to well-established favorable healthcare reimbursements and infrastructure
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth owing to expanding diabetes patient population driven by increasing healthcare expenses and growing geriatric cohort
- The neuro-ischemic ulcers segment accounted for the leading share in 2017. It is likely to experience the fastest growth during the forecast period
- The foam and alginate dressings, skin grafts, and negative pressure wound therapy segments are anticipated to exhibit significant CAGR over the forecast period
- Some of the key players in this space are ConvaTec, Inc.; Acelity L.P. Inc.; 3M Healthcare; Coloplast A/S; Smith & Nephew Plc.; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Medline Industries, Inc.; Medtronic Plc.; Organogenesis, Inc.; Molnlycke Health Care AB; and BSN Medical GMBH.
Read 90 page research report with TOC on "Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) Treatment Market Analysis Report By Treatment (Biologics, Wound Care Dressings, Therapy Devices), By Ulcer Type (Ischemic, Neuro-Ischemic, Neuropathic), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/diabetic-foot-ulcer-dfu-treatment-market
Diabetic foot ulcers are one of the most common foot injuries that is caused due to diabetes mellitus. Management of diabetic foot ulcers aims at fast healing and wound closure, by adopting a multidisciplinary therapeutic approach so as to avoid amputation. Among different types of treatment options available, biologics held the largest share in the diabetic foot ulcer treatment market in 2017. This can be attributed to strong revenue generated by growth factors that are prescribed worldwide for their ability to promote generation of new cells and achieve wound closure. Therapy devices and wound care dressings also offer significant commercial opportunity due to their cost-effectiveness, ease of availability, and wide use in combination with other treatments at every level of wound care management.
Among different ulcer types, neuro-ischemic ulcers led the market in 2017 with more than 50.0% market share due to higher patient population suffering from the ulcer type globally. North America represented the largest share in the global market in 2017 owing to rising prevalence of diabetes, growing geriatric cohort, increased investment in R&D of novel therapies, and developed healthcare facilities.
Grand View Research has segmented the global diabetic foot ulcer (DFU) treatment market on the basis of treatment, ulcer type, and region:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2025)
- Wound Care Dressings
- Alginate Dressings
- Hydrofiber Dressings
- Foam Dressings
- Film Dressing
- Hydrocolloid Dressings
- Surgical Dressings
- Hydrogel Dressings
- Growth Factors
- Skin Grafts
- Therapy Devices
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Antibiotic Medications
- Wound Care Dressings
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) Treatment Ulcer Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2025)
- Neuropathic Ulcers
- Ischemic Ulcers
- Neuro-ischemic Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer (DFU) Treatment Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Virtual 3D Nanorobots Market - The virtual 3D nanorobots market is presumed to witness an increasing growth over the forecast period owing to the technological innovations, advancement in healthcare infrastructure in developed countries.
- Hospital Stretchers Market - Increasing number of day care surgeries & ambulatory care services are the major drivers for the growth of hospital stretchers market during the forecast period.
- Blood Flow Measurement Devices Market - Increasing prevalence of peripheral vascular disorders and rising geriatric base are expected to fuel blood flow measurement devices market.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.