LONDON, June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
BUSINESSES in the UK need to rapidly up their customer service levels or risk losing a vast proportion of their customers, a new study from Expert Market has revealed.
While good relations with customers have always been important for companies, the new findings show just how short Brits' loyalties are if they feel they are not being treated right.
- Three quarters (72.4%) of UK customers would ditch their purchase for a competitor after not getting an email reply within 1 day.
- British businesses lose 85.5% of callers if they don't answer them within 5 min or less.
- 67.4% of Brits prefer updates on their place in the queue or time left to wait, rather than 80's elevator music.
- 94.2% of people hesitate or refuse to make a customer service call if the number had dialling charges.
"Customer service is the key to scaling up in the UK. With such a small population and relatively concentrated wealth, you don't want to lose any of them to your competition, no matter how small you are" said Expert Market's Customer Rep, Aisling Stringer.
Expert Market is the UK's premier B2B marketplace for businesses of all sizes to find the right suppliers for office products and services. We are dedicated to helping every business find the best deals and latest product information on everything they need to start or keep their businesses up and running.
Notes to Editor
- 1009 respondents, 581 Female, 428 Male
- Expert Market is Europe's leading Marketplace for B2B products and services
- For further information contact Victoria Elizabeth on +44-(0)20-7424-3124
SOURCE Expert Market UK