EDINBURGH, Scotland, October 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
In just 12 months one 34 year old Cupid.com user has managed to engage in a massive 27 dates. This impressive record breaking feat is testament not only to this Canadian Romeo's endearing personality, it is also a huge tribute to Cupid.com's position as one of the best date finding tools in the world.
Oliver's situation is quite typical (name changed to protect his identity); a busy work schedule and regular travel commitments, so online dating was always going to be perfect for him. But to get this many dates must mean Oliver has some tricks up his sleeve…
What's his secret?
Oliver believes that his dating profile is key to his success. This is based on the fact that he gets as many dates through being contacted as he does through making the first move. His advice is to be open minded when someone approaches you online, and when writing your profile to be honest and to have as much information in there as possible to let people get to know you.
"Tell what your hobbies are. On first contact it is always easier to start a conversation knowing a little about the person. Many times my hobbies become the icebreaker needed to open up a larger dialog."
Oliver loves the fact that Cupid.com allows him to get to know a person before he contacts them. This might be through the extensive profile options, the photo gallery, and the easy to use video section or even by checking out the simple star rating system. (He has a 4.6/5 average!)
However, he also knows all about the power of a good profile picture:
"…your picture selection can make or break whether a potential partner will even take a look at your profile. I try to change my profile picture regularly."
But he does warn:
- "Don't have half your ex's head in the picture
- Don't just show a head shot; include a full body shot
- Do show your humorous side in one of your pictures (stuffy people are a turn off)."
He also suggests that when writing your header line you need to remember: "this is what people first encounter and read even before they click on your profile. Make it fit in the allotted space and make it cheerful and/or thoughtful."
When asked if he would keep on using Cupid.com to continue his dating adventures our record breaker replied:
"I will definitely keep using Cupid to meet girls. In this busy world a site like Cupid is a god send for me."
Since it burst into the online dating industry in 2005, Cupid.com has built a base of over 34 million members in 39 countries and is now a strong proud market leader.
Notes to Editors
- Cupid plc listed on AIM in June 2010 and is a leading provider of online dating services
- Cupid has built a base of over 34 million members in 39 countries (those countries with over 1,000 members), with a growing proportion of members coming from outside of the United Kingdom.
- Cupid offers a wide variety of online dating services allowing members to interact with each other and access the content available on the Group's websites. These websites are intended to appeal to dating users of diverse ages, cultures and social interest groups. The Group's most heavily visited websites include http://www.cupid.com, http://www.flirt.com, http://www.benaughty.com and http://www.girlsdateforfree.com.
- The majority of services are also available via Apple and Android App Stores for mobile users as well as through their own Facebook apps - eg. http://apps.facebook.com/cupidcom and http://apps.facebook.com/benaughtynow.
- Further information on the Company can be found at http://www.cupidplc.com.