LONDON, January 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Powerful joint venture between Spectrum Wine Auctions and Vanquish Wine Ltd. brings auction excitement back to London
Spectrum Wine Auctions LLC, one of the world's new leading wine auction houses based in Irvine, CA, and London-based global fine wine dealer Vanquish Wine Ltd., have joined forces to hold "The Evening Sale," an auction of finest and rarest wines in London on February 8, 2012 at the Grand Ballroom of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. The auction will feature 177 lots with a pre-sale estimate in excess of 2,000,000 pounds Sterling.
Following successful auctions in California and Hong Kong, which have realized over $42 million USD in sales since 2009, Spectrum Wine Auctions has continued to expand and form strategic alliances. Richard Brierley (head of Vanquish Fine Wine and former head of North American Wines Sales for Christie's) will serve as auctioneer at "The Evening Sale," offering consignors and collectors a new city in which to enjoy the Spectrum Wine experience with a Vanquish twist. By hosting the event in the evening, away from traditional auction rooms, respected wine collectors may battle it out for their favored vintages in a fresh, fun and exciting environment and venue.
Burgundy offerings alone carrying a pre-sale estimate of 1.5 million pounds, and include prestigious selections: 36 lots of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee Conti, 13 lots of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti La Tache, and Grand Cru offerings such as Henri Jayer Richebourg, Domaine Dujac, Bonnes Mares, Domaine Comte Georges de Vogue Musigny, Cuvee Vieilles Vignes, and an extremely rare vertical of Domaine Coche-Dury Corton-Charlemagne. The Champagne lots, consigned by Moet Hennessy UK, come direct from Maison Krug and Maison Ruinart. These lots will waive the 19.5 percent buyer's premium with the proceeds going to a UK-based charity. Bordeaux aficionados will find numerous lots to choose from, including the legendary 1945 Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion, the renowned 1961 vintage from Chateau Latour, Chateau Haut-Brion, Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion, as well as champion wines from other notable vintages such as 1982 Chateau Lafite Rothschild, 2005 Chateau Petrus and 2000 Le Pin.
"We look forward to welcoming new and existing clients alike to our inaugural auction to bid on an exceptional selection of lots covering many of the coveted wine regions of the world. It is going to be a great privilege to hold the gavel at this inaugural sale, made possible by the joint efforts of our teams at Vanquish and Spectrum Wine and its technology, considerable global reach and exceptional client service," says Brierley.
"Richard Brierley and Vanquish's team are tremendously talented and have quickly become one of London's most trusted sources for fine wine," says Spectrum Wine Auctions' President, Jason Boland. "We look forward to working closely with Vanquish to bring the world's best consignments to auction and to jointly service the London collectible wine market in the best way possible."
The joint collaboration boasts several decades of auction experience and a global database of clients, immediately establishing the Spectrum Wine-Vanquish team as a competitive force in the London wine auction market.
"The Evening Sale" auction highlights include:
- Lot 43: one Methuselah (6L) of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee Conti 1990 (estimate: GBP 65,000 pounds)
- Lot 99: 12 bottles of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee Conti 1971 (estimate: GBP 80,000 pounds)
- Lot 127: 12 bottles of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee Conti 1959 (estimate GBP 70,000 pounds)
- Lot 133: one bottle of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee Conti 1945 (estimate GBP 25,000 pounds)
- Lot 9: 12 bottles of Domaine de la Romanee-Conti La Tache 2005 in OWC (estimate: GBP 35,000 pounds)
- Lot 146: seven bottles of H. Jayer Richebourg 1978 (estimate: GBP 45,000 pounds)
- Lot 64: 13-bottle Domaine Coche-Dury Corton-Charlemagne vertical, 1995-2008 (estimate: GBP 22,500 pounds)
- Lot 139: one imperial (6L) of Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1982 (estimate GBP 15,000 pounds)
- Lot 78: six magnums of Chateau Haut-Brion 1945 in OWC (estimate GBP 32,500 pounds)
- Lot 117: six magnums of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1949 (estimate GBP 25,000 pounds)
- Lots 162-163: one bottle of The Macallan in Lalique III: 57 Years Old in OWC (estimate GBP 8,500 pounds)
Total lots: 177
Pre-sale estimate: GBP 2,229,000 pounds
Spectrum Wine Auctions Upcoming Live Auction Calendar:
- The Spring 2012 Auction, March 23 and 24, 2012, Grand Hyatt, Hong Kong
- The Summer 2012 Auction, June 22 and 23, 2012, Hong Kong
SOURCE Spectrum Wine Auctions LLC