SAN FRANCISCO, March 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global coal to liquid market size is expected to reach USD 5.28 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is estimated to witness a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period. CTL, as a solution for supplementing production of transportation fuels from crude oil seems to be a more prospective option for the development of this industry based on better environmental capabilities, higher flexibility, and a stronger supporting experience and infrastructure.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Increasing costs of crude oil or natural gas processing is projected to augment the demand for CTL process over the coming years
- Technological advancements coupled with sustained growth in demand for liquid fuels for transportation are also driving the global Coal to Liquid (CTL) market
- Diesel was the dominant product segment and was valued at USD 2.28 billion. It is anticipated to expand further at the maximum CAGR during the forecast years
- Adverse impacts on the environment from large-scale CTL plants is a major restraining factor for the industry
- Some of the dominant industry participants include China Shenhua Energy Co. Ltd.; Sasol Ltd.; TransGas Development Systems, LLC; Altona Energy PLC; and Envidity Energy, Inc.
Read 124 page research report with TOC on "Coal to Liquid (CTL) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (DCL, ICL), By Product (Diesel, Gasoline), By Region (APAC, MEA, North America, Central & South America), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coal-to-liquid-ctl-market
However, considering the current industry status, if this is supplemented with the development of new FT-based CTL facilities, it is anticipated that additional synergy for hydrocarbon liquefaction should rise in the next eight years. CTL facilities in Mb/d range are expected to be limited to the leading coal-producing nations including U.S., India, China, Australia, South Africa, and Russia. Even if large quantities of Mb/d could be derived using CTL, this would only account for a small fraction of the global oil production and would barely offset the decline in the current oil production figures.
Indirect Coal Liquefaction (ICL) is the most used liquefaction technology. This process offers high value and clean burning fuels. Synthetic fuel produced from coal using this technology can be used in conventional engines without any modification and adds to an improved combustion with lower emissions. However, these fuels have lower fuel economy.
Grand View Research has segmented the global coal to liquid (ctl) market on the basis of deliverables, application & technology, end use, and region:
- CTL Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- CTL Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
o Direct Coal Liquefaction (DCL)
o Indirect Coal Liquefaction (ICL)
- CTL Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
o North America
o Asia Pacific
o Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
o Central & South America
Find more research reports on Conventional Energy Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Gas To Liquid (GTL) Market - The Global Gas To Liquid (GTL) market valuation was around USD 8.4 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of around 6.5% from 2015 to 2022.
- Coal Handling Equipment Market – The Global coal handling equipment market is expected to witness a brisk growth owing to increasing efficiency criterion for the industry over the forecast period. Coal undergoes several phases such as preparation and handling phases during power generation operations. Such variety of operations demands an efficient and smooth material flow and quality management system.
- Automotive Gear Oil Market - The automotive gear oil industry is expected witness significant growth over the next eight years owing to its rising demand for industrial, automotive and construction machinery
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.