DUBLIN, June 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tw9h7f/china_rare_earth) has announced the addition of the "China Rare Earth Industry Report, 2014-2018" report to their offering.
Rare earth, also known as rare earth metal or rare earth element, collectively refers to lanthanides (including fifteen elements) and closely-related scandium and yttrium. As a crucial strategic resource, it is mainly contained in bastnaesite, xenotime, monazite, and other minerals. At present, rare earth resources have been discovered in about 35 countries and regions around the world, with total reserves of 130 million tons, of which 42.3% are owned by China alone.
In order to protect and rationally develop superior resources, China has adopted a cap-control policy for rare earth exploitation since 2006 so that the rare earth ore production suffered a continuous decline from 2010 to 2013. In 2014, the State raised the upper limit, a move that helped drive the rare earth output rise 14.5% year on year to 95,000 tons, occupying about 86.4% of the global total.
Besides meeting the domestic demand, China's rare earth and its products are also exported to the United States, Europe, Japan, South Korea, etc., with 2014's export volume of rare earth products reaching about 29,000 tons (rare-earth permanent magnet products 75.5%), accounting for 32.1% of the total output. Despite a steady rise in rare earth product exports over the past two years, the export value, affected by the lower export prices, continued to fall, by 35.7% to USD370 million in 2014.
China's rare earth industry has been facing quite a few challenges like low enterprise concentration and scattered layout. In 2014, Inner Mongolia Baotou Steel Rare-earth, which represents the largest market share, generated revenue that accounted for a meager 7.1% of the total nationwide. In 2015, the 6 major rare earth companies will implement integration, when the rare earth industry concentration will increase significantly.
China Rare Earth Industry Report, 2014-2018 compiled by ResearchInChina mainly deals with the following:
- Status quo, supply and demand, key enterprises, etc. of global rare earth resources
- Industry environment, policy environment, regional development, etc. of rare earth in China
- Market size, market structure, export, market price, etc. of rare earth in China
- Market demand, major producers, etc. of main rare earth new materials in China
- Operation, revenue structure, rare earth business, etc. of 13 major rare earth producers in China
- Operation, revenue structure, latest developments, etc. of 5 rare earth new material manufacturers in China
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Rare Earth Industry
2. Development of Global Rare Earth Industry
3. Development Environment for China's Rare Earth Industry
4. Development Status of China's Rare Earth Industry
5. Supply and Demand of China's Rare Earth Market
6. Rare Earth New Material Market in China
7. Major Rare Earth Enterprises in China
8. Major Rare Earth New Material Manufacturers in China
- Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan High-Tech Co., Ltd
- China Minmetals Rare Earth Co., Ltd
- China Nonferrous Metal Industry's Foreign Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd
- China Rare Earth Holdings Ltd
- Gan Zhou Chen Guang Rare Earths New Material Shares Co., Ltd
- Grirem Advanced Materials Co., Ltd
- Hunan Rare-Earth Research Institute
- Inner Mongolia Baotou Steel Rare-Earth (Group) Hi-Tech Co., Ltd
- Jiangmen Kanhoo Industry Co., Ltd
- Jiangxi Tungsten Industry Group Co., Ltd
- Jiangyin Jiahua Advanced Material Resources Co., Ltd
- Leshan Shenghe Rare Earth Technology Co., Ltd
- Ningbo Yunsheng Co., Ltd
- Rising Nonferrous Metals Group Co., Ltd
- Shannxi IRICO Fluorescent Materials Co., Ltd
- Taiyuan Twin Tower Alomllum Oxide Co., Ltd
- Xiamen Tungsten Co., Ltd
- Zibo Jiahua Advanced Material Resource Co., Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tw9h7f/china_rare_earth