DUBLIN, April 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Asthma Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 - High Prevalence and Launch of Late-Stage Biologics will Drive the Market in Spite of Affordability Concerns" report to their offering.
Over the 2015-2021 forecast period, the asthma therapeutics market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to increase in value at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2%, from $3.5 billion to over $5.6 billion. Analysis of clinical trials since 2006 has identified that the failure rates of asthma molecules were highest in Phase III (46%), with the overall attrition rate for asthma in development being 78%.
The current asthma market in the Asia-Pacific region contains novel products, including Xolair, a recombinant humanized monoclonal anti-IgE antibody; Seretide/Adoair, an ICS-LABA combination therapy; Relvar/Breo, an ICS-LABA combination therapy, and Spiriva, a LAMA.
With over 274 active pipeline molecules, most of the late-stage investigational drug candidates are being evaluated, with improved dosing regimens and administration routes in comparison to currently marketed products.
Rising asthma prevalence and uptake of newer biologics will lead to significant market growth over the forecast period, in spite of affordability concerns.
Questions Answered by the Report:
- What are the competitive advantages of the existing novel drugs?
- Which classes of novel drugs are most prominent within the pipeline?
- Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the asthma market - specifically for severe eosinophilic asthma?
- How do failure rates vary by product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
- How do other factors, such as average trial duration and trial size influence the costs and risks associated with product development?
- Which markets make the most significant contribution to the current market size?
- What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
- Will new market entrants lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
- How will different treatment usage patterns impact growth in the five assessed Asia-Pacific markets?
- Will affordability threaten the commercial success of existing drugs as well as newer biologics?
- Which of the assessed countries have affordability concerns?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents 2 Introduction 3 Marketed Products
4 Pipeline Analysis
5 Clinical Trial Analysis
6 Multi-Scenario Forecast
7 Drivers and Barriers
8 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b6qfsp/asthma
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets