LONDON, September 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
"Electronic cigarettes [have] become a phenomenon... as one smoker becomes a vaper and shows their family and friends and they try it. And they love it, and then they show theirs and so on…"
Michael Clapper, Executive Chairman of VAPESTICK
Doubling in market share annually, electronic cigarettes are really taking off. Technology IQ exclusively interviewed Michael Clapper, Co Founder and Executive Chairman of VAPESTICK, one of the UK's leading brands of e-cigarettes, about the key drivers of this fast-moving market, now valued at £2bn, and the challenges and opportunities it faces.
Michael has over 20 years' experience in business development, having previously founded Enterprise Group which grew to become one of the UK's largest distributors of mortgages and loans.
In the course of the interview, Michael discussed:
- The 3 main reasons smokers are switching to e-cigarettes: health, cost and they can be used without breaching the smoking ban
- Growth of purchases of e-cigarettes from retail stores instead of online - "At the moment from our own business's point of view it's around about 50/50 in terms of product sales."
- What to look for when selecting an investor for your e-cigarette business, in addition to money
- How VAPESTICK is ensuring product safety via certification and correct product labelling
- His dos and don'ts for the e-cigarette market - "Do look after your customers... [Don't] talk about electronic cigarettes being quit-smoking devices or make health claims of any nature."
This interview was created in collaboration with Europe's only e-cigarette industry event, eCig Europe, taking place in London, 4th - 5th December 2013.
SOURCE Technology iQ