Teradata Celebration of Caring Winners Announced
Recognizing and amplifying employees' volunteer work worldwide with charity donations
DAYTON, Ohio, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To highlight the volunteer work of Teradata employees worldwide, Teradata Cares is awarding five Celebration of Caring Awards. Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the leading analytic data solutions company, has recognized the winners' efforts with $1,000 grants to the charities where they volunteer, and with crystal awards to the winners to commemorate their exemplary dedication to volunteer service.
A panel of 24 judges evaluated the Teradata Cares community relations volunteer program nominations. This is the fifth year of the Celebration of Caringawards.
NOTE to Editors and Readers: photos of award winners are available in the Teradata News Room
Mike Koehler, Teradata president and chief executive officer.
"We are pleased to honor our Celebration of Caring award winners for their service, dedication and compassion in making significant volunteer contributions in their neighborhoods. These winners uphold a core Teradata value of social responsibility by fostering a tighter connection between company and community."
Sherri Morgan, director of community relations, Teradata Corporation.
"We received many nominations for the Celebration of Caring awards for the outstanding public service contributions made by our employees. The remarkable commitment of these winners to building stronger communities is an inspiration to all of us.
Selected from Teradata's more than 10,000 employees worldwide, the 2012 Teradata Cares community relations volunteer program winners are:
- 2012 Americas Employee of the Year – Tammy Gorman, Cincinnati, Ohio. Gorman is a Court Appointed Special Advocate for abused and neglected children. In 2012, she volunteered more than 375 hours of child advocacy service on behalf of eight children across five biological families. Trained Advocates are sworn officers of the court and are appointed by judges to attend all court hearings relative to a child's case and to represent the best interest of the child to the court. As an Advocate for nearly four years, Gorman has advocated for more than 20 children who have no one to be their voice.
- 2012 EMEA Teradata Cares Employee of the Year – Maliha Elahi, Islamabad, Pakistan. Elahi conceptualized an idea to promote child education for girls at the same time encourage entrepreneurship in women living in poverty. She has dedicated more than 600 hours toward her efforts since 2010 and in May of 2012, Elahi was able to implement the education program. Now, 30 children in an impoverished area of Pakistan are in school. Further, the village woman who opened the school in her home has gained financial independence for the first time in her life.
- 2012 Asia-Pacific Teradata Cares Employee of the Year – Ganesh Arcot, Hyderabad, India. Arcot was motivated by a desire to give back to the Tagores Home New Era Institute in Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, where he was educated. As a volunteer with Annapurna, Arcot, and others he recruited from the Teradata Hyderabad office, renovated the rest rooms, repaired electrical wires, transformed the school computer lab, set up a new library, and led a committee to sponsor students from the school who lacked financial support. Arcot has been serving the volunteer organization since 2006 and during 2012 invested more than 350 volunteer hours.
- 2012 Teradata Cares Team of the Year – Teradata India Engineering Services Hyderabad, India. The Teradata India Engineering Services (TIES) Team focuses on education, medical, environmental and self-sustaining initiatives to help the community to help itself. More than 75 participants volunteered 1,800 hours in 2012. TIES volunteers sponsored faculty and education fees for an underprivileged school and donated books and backpacks with supplies to orphanages. The volunteers have also donated money for life-saving surgery and collected unused medicines to be redistributed to the needy. The team has also encouraged people to plant trees and recycle paper.
- 2012 Teradata Cares Office of the Year – San Diego, California – In 2012, San Diego office employees volunteered more than 2,400 hours. Employees have restored natural habitat in the San Dieguito River Park, donated 157 pints of blood to the San Diego Blood Bank, and mentored FIRST robotics teams by training students on engineering and programming concepts. The Women of Teradata San Diego chapter raised $1,800 in donations for the Boys & Girls Club's Holiday Adopt-a-Family program, volunteered in a day care program and awarded $1,000 college scholarships to three local high school seniors majoring in science, technology, engineering or math disciplines. Together, the San Diego office volunteers have touched more than 900 lives and yielded more than $8,700 in donations to non-profit organizations.
Photos of individual and team award winners
Read "Winners Of The 2012 Teradata Cares Celebration of Caring Awards," Vision 2.0 blog
See Maliha Elahi's project on YouTube or Facebook.
Additional details about Teradata Cares community relations
Teradata Corporation (NYSE: TDC) is the world's leading analytic data solutions company, focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Teradata's innovative products and services deliver data integration and business insight to empower organizations to make the best decisions possible and achieve competitive advantage. Visit teradata.com for details.
Get to know Teradata:
Teradata is a trademark or registered trademark of Teradata Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Journalists and Bloggers
Visit PR Newswire for Journalists for releases, photos and customised feeds just for Media.
View and download archived video content distributed by MultiVu on The Digital Center.
Until you hear the full story, why would you invest?
Making sound investment decisions can be difficult. You can study the figures and read the analyst recommendations, but how do you really know the story behind company strategy? How can you get answers to your questions?
The Private Investor Network helps you to reach an informed decision on the stocks you pick. Interactive presentations from UK listed companies give you the kind of access previously enjoyed only by the big fund managers. And with keynote speeches from industry experts, downloadable content and an investor lounge where you can swap tips with your peers, you can invest with confidence.
For more information, and to register for FREE, visit us at www.privateinvestornetwork.co.uk
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382