Pink Floyd breathe life into new forests
- Future Forests help Pink Floyd make their latest album Carbon Neutral
Today Future Forests announce their latest music-based project to tackle global warming with an innovative, environmental initiative as Pink Floyd release their forthcoming Carbon Neutral(r) album "Echoes" on the 5th November 2001, through EMI:Chrysalis.
This partnership will result in the creation of four new "long term indigenous" forests around the world in Scotland (Dryhope Burn), India, Mexico and Louisiana in the US.
The number of trees planted will be sufficient to absorb the emissions of greenhouse gas carbon dioxide, caused by the production and distribution of the band's CDs. The more albums Pink Floyd sell - the more forests get planted. Pink Floyd fans can get involved by planting trees online at http://www.pinkfloyd.com. Each will receive a branded certificate and map, and the trees will be planted in the Pink Floyd forests.
Global climate change is the single biggest threat to the survival of our world, and this partnership allows Pink Floyd to communicate with their fans on a global scale.
The music industry was one of the first supporters of Future Forests. All this began four years ago around the campfire at Glastonbury Festival, when Neneh Cherry was so excited about the Future Forests initiative she helped the company talk to other music industry legends including Neil Tennant, and the networking process began.
Dan Morrell, founder of Future Forests says, "Our climate is changing. We can all do something to stop the problem escalating - and no action is too small. Alongside reducing emissions at source, forestry has a real role to play, soaking up some of the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. We are proud to be working with Pink Floyd and their fans, to help make a difference."
Pink Floyd's new album "Echoes" is released on the 5th November 2001, and is a career spanning retrospective 2 CD set of 26 of their greatest hits.
Notes to Editors
Future Forests' support from the music industry includes Pink Floyd, Pet Shop Boys, Afrika Bambaataa, Alex James, Joe Strummer, Neneh Cherry, Billie, Atomic Kitten, UB40, Damien Hirst, Glastonbury Festival and Tower Records (and many more).
- Future Forests, leading international environmental business, works with business and the public to deliver simple and effective solutions to global climate change. The service was founded and built on the removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere through 'gold standard' forestry.
- Future Forests' Carbon Neutral(r) symbol is applied to a wide variety of its client operations, products or services. The symbol signals to staff, customers and the public that Future Forests has used best practice carbon offset projects to absorb or balance an equivalent amount of CO2 from the atmosphere to that released in making the product or delivering the service.
- Future Forests' clients number over 90 businesses including Barclays, Avis, Mazda, Hilton Hotels and the RAC; 10,000+ members of the public; and a growing number of celebrities.
- Future Forests' 'gold standard' offset projects are those which remove carbon dioxide emissions in ways which protect and enhance the natural environment, and which support the socio-economic development of the societies in which the projects are established.
- The Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Management (ECCM) is a specialist team of scientists and advisors in carbon management to government and industry. ECCM works with Future Forests to undertake emissions assessment and to conduct regular inspection of all planting sites to how many trees need to be planted in specific areas to re-absorb the promised level of carbon dioxide.
SOURCE Future Forests
Journalists and Bloggers
Visit PR Newswire for Journalists for releases, photos and customised feeds just for Media.
View and download archived video content distributed by MultiVu on The Digital Center.
Until you hear the full story, why would you invest?
Making sound investment decisions can be difficult. You can study the figures and read the analyst recommendations, but how do you really know the story behind company strategy? How can you get answers to your questions?
The Private Investor Network helps you to reach an informed decision on the stocks you pick. Interactive presentations from UK listed companies give you the kind of access previously enjoyed only by the big fund managers. And with keynote speeches from industry experts, downloadable content and an investor lounge where you can swap tips with your peers, you can invest with confidence.
For more information, and to register for FREE, visit us at www.privateinvestornetwork.co.uk
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382