Japan's CIPA Presents 'CP+ 2013,' Asia's Largest Camera and Photo Imaging Industry Exhibition
YOKOHAMA, Japan, February 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
CP+ 2013 - a Comprehensive International Camera and Photo Imaging Trade Show - Draws Attention to the Powers of Photography through Product and Photo Exhibitions as well as a Wide Range of Events
The Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA) commenced its CP+2013 Camera & Photo Imaging Show, a comprehensive camera and photo imaging show, on January 31st in Yokohama, Japan. The event will be held for four days until February 3rd, 2013. More new products are introduced at CP+ than at any other imaging trade show in the world, and imaging technology is considered one of Japan's last manufacturing strongholds. With the theme "Connecting the World, Expanding the Limits of Photo Imaging," the 2013 event calls attention to the powers of photography through four days of product and photo exhibitions and a wide range of events that showcase the joys of shooting, viewing, and connecting pictures via new media such as the Internet and various devices, with people. The features of CP+ 2013 Camera & Photo Imaging Show include:
30th anniversary celebration of "Camera Grand Prix"
- Camera Grand Prix, one of Japan's most famous photo contests, is commemorating its 30th anniversary this year. To celebrate this anniversary, Camera Grand Prix is hosting "Camera Progress over 30 Years of the Grand Prix," where former judges discuss the history of the Grand Prix and exhibit former Grand Prix winning photos.
New trend in single-lens camera video shooting
- Many exhibitors will highlight single-lens cameras with high precision lenses that take beautiful videos enhanced by focus and de-blurring features, which are not even available on conventional video cameras.
Exhibition of digital cameras with increasing range of functions
- High definition movie function, OS installed, color variation for female users, and high-end compact cameras are just some of the industry advances that will be on display at CP+.
Collaboration with the Photo Yokohama event and Yokohama Museum of Art
- CP+2013 is working with "Photo Yokohama", the photo event movement organized by Yokohama City, and one of its exhibitions, "Two Photographers: Robert Capa / Gerda Taro Retrospective," which is currently on display at the Yokohama Museum of Art.
Showcasing the photography world's newest events
- CP+2013 is holding various new and unique events such as "ONAEBA SPACE," a large-scale photography exhibition with approximately 200 participating photographers; "PHOTOGRAPHERS SUMMIT," an experimental live photo show that offers attendees the opportunity to experience various state-of-the-art photographic expressions including slide shows, portfolios and unique art books; and "OPEN SHOW CP+2013," an international photo slide show event held in 26 cities across 17 countries simultaneously.
Additionally, CP+2013 is holding various seminars for the first time including "Video Seminar for Professionals," aimed at teaching professionals about the production process and philosophy, and the "Japan Advertisement Photographer's Association (APA)" seminar, which provides actual production case studies from professionals' viewpoints.
CP+ has over 50 years of history (it began as the 'Japan Camera Show') and is now recognized as one of the three largest camera exhibitions in the world, along with photokina in Germany and PMA@CES in the USA. Approximately 80% of the world's camera and photo imaging technology and innovation is dominated by Japanese manufacturers, and its market share is sustained by the high quality and sophistication of Japanese optical techniques and electronics. Taking advantage of Japan's position at the center of the photo and imaging industry, CP+ acts as a launch pad for presenting the world with the latest technology in the industry, from the initial input of data to its final output.
For more information about CP+2013, please visit http://www.cpplus.jp/en/index.shtml.
CP+, an international, comprehensive camera and photo imaging show targeting both business users and consumers, presents the latest products and technologies to help further develop the photo industry and photographic culture. This trade show showcases the joy of "shooting," "viewing" and "linking" pictures with people in versatile formats from its home in Yokohama, a city of photography, and propagates photographic and imaging culture from Japan - the heartland of the photo imaging industry - to the world.
For media inquiries / event photographs, please contact:
Anton Davidenko, PressCode PR, +44(0)7854-563135, firstname.lastname@example.org
Official event site press photographs can be downloaded from: http://www.cpplus.jp/en/press/download.shtml#link_open_cere_photo
SOURCE Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA)
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382