IDEV Announces Results from Revascularization with Supera on Real World Patients (RESTORE) Study, Demonstrating Positive Clinical Outcomes in Significantly Diseased Patients with Long Lesions
-- Physicians from Tucson Medical Center and the University of Arizona reported results at the Leipzig Interventional Course (LINC) in Leipzig, Germany --
WEBSTER, Texas, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IDEV Technologies, Inc. today announced results from a new study by physicians from Tucson, Arizona, which were reported at last week's LINC meeting in Leipzig, Germany. The data matched previously reported results with the Supera® Stent in other studies, but in a group of patients with more advanced peripheral disease.
One hundred forty-seven patients from Tucson were included in the analysis. Long lesions were studied, with the mean lesion length of their superficial femoral artery (SFA) and popliteal artery disease of 18.4 cm, which was treated by an average stent length of 19.7 cm. The study included patients with TASC II C & D disease (28 and 33% respectively). In addition, 35% of the patients had tissue loss and were accounted for via Rutherford Becker 5 & 6 classification, and 53% of all patients had chronic total occlusions (CTO). The overall primary patency rate, measured by duplex ultrasound, at one year follow-up was 88%. Zero fractures were found within a subgroup analysis of 47 patients which received follow-up x-ray evaluation.
"Our experience included patients with a significant burden of disease," commented John Pacanowski, MD, Chief of Vascular Surgery, Tucson Medical Center. Based on the broad in-depth overall volume of data for Supera, combined with the results from our study, we believe Supera could become the stent of choice for long and calcified lesions and the primary device for highly diseased patients. Dr. Pacanowski also noted the vascular mimetic stent (VMS) design of Supera may better serve these type of anatomy, which are characterized by a location and disease state that are subject to extreme mechanical stresses.
"We are pleased to see impressive results like these in this type of challenging patient cohort," confirmed Chris Owens, President and CEO of IDEV Technologies. "It is encouraging that physicians are continuing to reproduce positive results such as those reported earlier in European studies, even when Supera is utilized across a broad range of disease states, operators, various studies and clinical sites."
About the Supera Stent
The Supera stent is engineered with proprietary interwoven wire technology that mimics vascular anatomy. It is currently indicated in the U.S. for the palliative treatment of biliary strictures produced by malignant neoplasms and in multiple other countries for the treatment of biliary strictures produced by malignant neoplasms and for peripheral vascular use following failed percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA).
About IDEV Technologies, Inc.
IDEV is a developer of endovascular technologies designed to protect and restore anatomical function. The company is focused on redefining the endovascular treatment paradigm by providing physicians and patients with a new standard of technologies that deliver clinical excellence. For more information, please visit www.idevmd.com.
Global Vice President of Commercial Operations
IDEV Technologies, Incorporated
SOURCE IDEV Technologies, Inc.
More by this Source
Résultats sur douze mois du traitement des artères poplitées par le système d'endoprothèse périphérique Supera® publiés dans la rubrique Interventions cardiovasculaires du JACC
06 Feb, 2013, 12:44 GMT
Journalists and Bloggers
Visit PR Newswire for Journalists for releases, photos and customised feeds just for Media.
View and download archived video content distributed by MultiVu on The Digital Center.
Until you hear the full story, why would you invest?
Making sound investment decisions can be difficult. You can study the figures and read the analyst recommendations, but how do you really know the story behind company strategy? How can you get answers to your questions?
The Private Investor Network helps you to reach an informed decision on the stocks you pick. Interactive presentations from UK listed companies give you the kind of access previously enjoyed only by the big fund managers. And with keynote speeches from industry experts, downloadable content and an investor lounge where you can swap tips with your peers, you can invest with confidence.
For more information, and to register for FREE, visit us at www.privateinvestornetwork.co.uk
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382