Guoman's The Royal Horseguards Hotel Announces a very British Afternoon Tea
LONDON, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Guoman Hotels' historic five-star The Royal Horseguards, in London's Whitehall is inviting guests to celebrate all things British with an afternoon tea to commemorate Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.
Presented on the hotel's intimate outdoor terrace with spectacular views of the iconic river Thames and the London Eye, resident head pastry chef Joanne Todd has designed the exclusive ode to HM The Queen's 60 years on the throne.
The Very British Afternoon Tea includes:
- A selection of finger sandwiches, including Her Majesty's favourite - roast beef
- A delicious selection of very British biscuits shaped as iconic red buses, Union Jack flags, crowns and the Big Ben tower
- A decadent crown jewel cupcake and a Yorkshire rhubarb Queen of Pudding
- Dark chocolate and English peppermint creams, a homage to Queen Elizabeth's favourite childhood sweets - peppermint creams
- A Lemon and Martini meringue pie is inspired by her tipple of choice - a Martini finished with a twist of lemon rind
- Drop Scotch scones with English Bramley apple compote are created just as Queen Elizabeth herself made for President Eisenhower when he visited Balmoral Castle in 1959
- Traditional Freshly Baked Scones served with homemade English strawberry preserve and Cornish clotted cream
The Very British Afternoon Tea to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee will be available from 21 May until 17 June 2012 at Guoman's The Royal Horseguards hotel in London.
The Royal Horseguards is Guoman Hotels' five-star flagship hotel, a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts and also member of the Tea Guild, a prestigious and strictly invitation only collective that confirms the highest standards of afternoon tea service.
For more information on the Royal Horseguards, visit http://www.guoman.com
About Guoman Hotels:
Guoman Hotel Management Limited operates two hotel brands within the UK market; Guoman Hotels, an exclusive collection of luxury hotels in London and Thistle Hotels, a chain of quality full service hotels in the UK's major cities.
Guoman Hotels in the UK consists of five landmark properties; Charing Cross, The Cumberland, The Royal Horseguards hotel near embankment, The Tower and the newest addition, The Grosvenor in Victoria. Whilst each hotel in the portfolio is different with its own unique identity and style, each provides the very highest levels of comfort and service to its guests.
Guoman Hotel Management Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of GuocoLeisure Ltd, part of the Hong Leong Group which has hospitality and leisure businesses across the globe with hotels in Europe, USA, Australasia and Asia. For further information please visit http://www.guoman.com
Room on the Roof
SOURCE Guoman Hotels
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382