AVG Technologies Steps Up Device Security with Latest AntiVirus Products
AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Versions boast an enhanced user interface, improved navigation and a number of additional features
AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 146 million active users, today announced its latest versions of AVG AntiVirus products for Android smartphones and tablets. Versions 3.1 of AVG AntiVirus FREE and PRO for both device types are now available for download from Google Play.
Aimed at offering the best protection possible for mobile devices combined with a real ease of use, a number of new features and enhancements can be found within each of the updated products:
- Both versions of AntiVirus FREE and PRO for Android Tablets (3.1.2) have a completely new user interface, with simplified menus, screens and settings adding to the products' look and feel and improving the ease of navigation.
- AVG AntiVirus FREE and PRO for Android™ both now include a Call & SMS Blocker feature which lets the user filter unwanted calls and text messages by building their own customized "black and white" phone lists. Using these lists, the user can set their mobile device to automatically reject incoming calls and text messages from certain numbers. Instead of ringing through, calls will be rejected, sent an SMS auto reply or switched to silent.
"Our customers are increasingly telling us that so much of their daily lives are now connected with their mobile devices, so we recognize the importance of constantly improving the protection available to them," said Omri Sigelman, VP of Mobile Sales for AVG Technologies. "With a range of different options available to customers we are showing that device protection needn't cost more than the device it is on or be overly complicated. No matter the budget, the main thing is that our customers feel confident that their devices will be able to support them in their busy digital lives."
Learn more about AVG AntiVirus FREE for Android™
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG)
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 146 million active users as of December 31, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software.
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at http://www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
SOURCE AVG Technologies
More by this Source
AVG Technologies Acquires Leading Online Privacy Firm PrivacyChoice
21 May, 2013, 17:59 BST
AVG Technologies Launches its Latest Range of Performance Applications for Android™
20 May, 2013, 13:00 BST
AVG Technologies Brings Family Safety to Windows Phone 8 Devices
11 Apr, 2013, 09:00 BST
Journalists and Bloggers
Visit PR Newswire for Journalists for releases, photos and customised feeds just for Media.
View and download archived video content distributed by MultiVu on The Digital Center.
Until you hear the full story, why would you invest?
Making sound investment decisions can be difficult. You can study the figures and read the analyst recommendations, but how do you really know the story behind company strategy? How can you get answers to your questions?
The Private Investor Network helps you to reach an informed decision on the stocks you pick. Interactive presentations from UK listed companies give you the kind of access previously enjoyed only by the big fund managers. And with keynote speeches from industry experts, downloadable content and an investor lounge where you can swap tips with your peers, you can invest with confidence.
For more information, and to register for FREE, visit us at www.privateinvestornetwork.co.uk
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382