ATC Global Excellence Awards Announce Finalists
LONDON, January 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Annual industry event names finalists in the running to win prestigious award and confirms Yves Rossy (Jetman) as after dinner speaker
Organisers of ATC Global 2013 today unveiled the finalists for its inaugural Excellence Awards, held in association with Air Traffic Management magazine. The prestigious award ceremony will take place at the Amsterdam RAI on the evening of Tuesday, 12th March 2013. This will form part of the VIP Gala Dinner held in the Grand Elicium Ballroom on the first night of ATC Global 2013 featuring special guest speaker Yves Rossy.
Over 45 finalists have been shortlisted for the awards and a raft of distinguished names from across the air traffic management industry will gather to recognise organisations and individuals for their leadership excellence and their contributions to outstanding improvements in air traffic management this year.
Paula Milburn, ATC Global Director, said: "The ATC Global Excellence Awards have been developed in consultation with industry experts to something innovative and different. The awards will recognise the work of organisations and individuals that have been instrumental in driving the ATM industry forward. It will place a special focus on people who have made a real difference in delivering ATM performance and whose contributions may not be well known." Milburn continues, "We are delighted to announce such a distinguished line up of finalists, highlighting where real progress has been made in the last year to improve ATM performance in safety, cost-effectiveness, delay reduction and environmental management."
An additional highlight for the gala evening includes an after dinner speech by Swiss pilot, inventor and aviation enthusiast Yves Rossy, better known as Jetman by many in the industry due to his creation of a jet-powered wing, making him the first jet-powered flying man in the history of aviation.
The achievements of the finalists; the organisations and individuals who have succeeded in delivering real progress across nine sectors key to the future of the industry, will be judged by a panel of independent judges. The judges have been selected for their seniority, experience and influence as key stakeholders and commentators in global ATM.
Judging will be coordinated by Graham Lake, the former Director General at CANSO and the panel this year includes Fabio Gamba, CEO at the European Business Aviation Association, Steve Fulton, Technical Fellow at GE Aviation and pilot for Alaska Airlines, and the CEO of Atlantic Airways, Magni Arnesen, along with Alexis Brathwaite, President and CEO of IFATCA, Marc Baumgartner, former President of IFATCA, current member of the EUROCONTROL Performance Review Commission, Patrick Goudou, the Executive Director at the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), Captain Lars GV Lindberg, President and Chairman of the board at Avtech and the Director General of ASECNA, Amadou Ousmane Guitteye.
Esteemed media representatives also joining the judging panel include Aimee Turner, Editor for Air Traffic Management Magazine, Christopher Surgenor, Editor and Publisher of Greenaironline, David Learmount, Safety Editor, Flight International, as well as Air Transport Editor for Flight International and Flightglobal.com, David Kaminiski-Morrow, John Croft, Avionics & Safety Editor for Aviation Week and the Editor of ATC Global Insight, Philip Butterworth-Hayes.
Now in its 23rd year, ATC Global brings together over 5,500 ATM professionals from 116 countries annually. The awards ceremony presented by Anne de Baetzelier, a former Miss Belgium and whose credits include presenting on the Belgium VTM Network, will sit alongside the ATC Global 2013 three-day Exhibition and Conference, 12-14 March at the Amsterdam RAI.
To register for ATC Global 2013 please visit http://www.atcglobalhub.com. If you would like more information on the ATC Global Excellence Awards or you would like to book tickets to the evening ceremony please visit http://www.atcglobalawards.com.
Full list of finalists for the ATC Global Excellence Awards 2013:
- Cranfield University - Development of Innovative Route Planning Systems and Software Tools for Greener Aircraft Trajectories in the Current and Future ATM Context - GATAC R&D Program
- GE Aviation (and LAN Airlines, CORPAC, DGAC) - Green Skies of Peru project
- LFV group - VINGA
Excellence in ANSP Management (Europe and North America)
- Irish Aviation Authority - Reduced ATM charges for en-route and airport services
- NATA (ALBANIAN NATIONAL AIR TRAFFIC AGENCY) - NAMP (National Air Traffic Modernisiation Project)
- USAF - USAF Air Traffic Control Operations Procedures and Training
Excellence in ANSP Management (outside Europe and North America)
- Airports Authority of India - Cruising ahead with excellence in ANS
- Ministry of Transport & Civil Aviation, Afghanistan - Training of Afghan Air Traffic Controllers
- Namibia Directorate of Civil Aviation - Introduction of Surveillance Control in Namibia
- Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority - ATM Modernisation Project in the Piarco Flight Information Region
Executive Leadership Award
- Mr V.Somasundaram, Board Member, Airport Authority of India
- Dr Daoud Ali Najafi, Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, Afhganastan
- David McMillan, Chairman, Flight Safety Foundation
- Eamonn Brennan, CEO, Irish Aviation Authority
Industry Partnership of the Year
- ACSS - US Airways, ACSS, FAA and EUROCONTROL partnership for NextGen/ADS-B avionics
- AMP Corporation (M) Sdn Bhd - DCA Projects in Relation to Low Cost Aircraft terminal (LCAT) KLIA Package A (Systems) - KP/KEW/01/2007
- Guntermann & Drunck GmbH (and EUROCONTROL) - Special KVM products and functions for mission-critical applications in Air Traffic Control
- Honeywell - ITP
- Middle East Airlines and Air Arabia - ATS and Technical Affairs
- Northrop Grumman - Northrop Grumman Airport Systems, VenueSim and East Midlands Airport
- SCT Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd. - SCT Engineering & Myanmar DCA
Outstanding contribution to the next generation of ATM Systems
- Cranfield University - ENDEAVOUR (Evolutionary Network-Centric Technologies for 4-Dimensional Trajectory-Based Operations in Europe: ATM and Avionics Systems for Intent Validation, Real-Time Optimisation and Uncertainty-Resilient Operations)
- Honeywell - The Operational approval of the Honeywell GBAS in Newark
- ICAO/TCB - Introduction of surveillance Control in Namibian Airspace
- Iridium Communications and Aireon LLC - Revolutionary Surveillance Capability
- SELEX ES and ROMATSA - Upgrading of the Romanian ATM Systems
- SELEX ES and UkSATSE - Ukraine "Strila" ATM System Modernization
- Snowflake Software - Building SWIM B2B Web Services Using Open Standards
- Thales Air Systems - Integrated Briefing on iPad
Safety Leadership of the Year
- Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Organization - Proactive Safety Management initiative
- Honeywell - Smart Landing Smart Runway
- Incheon International Airport Corp. - CNS/ATM systems service for 100,000 hours without an outage
- InFlight Labs, LLC - InFlight 911 Services
- NITA - Commissioning of ATM 9-th automation level system in Russian Federation upper air-space
- Saab Sensis Corporation - System Safety Management Transformation FAA Surface Safety Analysis
- Thales Air Systems - PAM FRA
- Xsight Systems (and Israel Airport Authority) - FODetect at TLV airport
Strategic Advancement in Air Transport Award
- Airports Authority of India - INSPIRE
- Safeskys - ANSP Accreditation
- USAF - 618 AOC/XOCZF
The Air Traffic Management Magazine Atlantic Award
- Air Berlin PLC - First German airline to initiate satellite-based precision landings in Bremen and Innsbruck
- Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Ltd. - Managing leadership in the process of change related to the introduction of a performance enhancing new technology: The case of Air Traffic Management (ATM) Systems
- Aurigny - EGNOS
- BridgeNet International (and Jackson Hole Airport) - Jackson Hole Airport WAAS Curved Approach
- European Satellite Services Provider - EGNOS SoL SERVICE FOR AVIATION
- LFV - Green Connection
Follow us online at:
Notes to Editors:
About ATC Global:
ATC Global has been uniting the entire ATM industry annually since 1990. It provides an independent and impartial marketplace for ATM businesses from every region, small and large and regardless of affiliation. It brings together the broadest range regulatory bodies, ANSPs, industry organisations and suppliers to establish and maintain meaningful partnerships.
The ATC Global conference agenda is set by an Advisory Board made up of senior decision-makers from throughout the industry, determining the right discussions for the whole of the industry. The conference and workshops examine a wide range of topics, with speakers drawn from all sections of the ATM community.
ATC Global currently holds its annual event at the Amsterdam RAI. It is a subsidiary of the global B2B communications and marketing provider UBM, now a finalist for the 2012 Haymarket Event Awards.
For further information go to http://www.atcglobalhub.com
About UBM Live:
UBM Live operates a number of market leading exhibitions, awards, websites/online products and publications in twenty different business sectors with offices in the UK, Netherlands, USA, UAE and Brazil. Our brands include CPhI, IFSEC, and Food Ingredients. Cruise Shipping Miami, Technology for Marketing and Advertising, International Confex, Informex and many more. UBM Live is part of UBM Ltd
For further information go to http://www.ubmlive.com
SOURCE UBM Live
More by this Source
Health Ingredients Europe Opens With Record Attendance
03 Dec, 2014, 12:23 GMT
CPhI Pharma Insights: India Report Launched Live at CPhI India
02 Dec, 2014, 11:01 GMT
Get content for your website
Enhance your website's or blog's content with PR Newswire's customised real-time news feeds.
Contact PR Newswire
Send us an email at MarketingUK@prnewswire.co.uk or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382
Become a PR Newswire client
Request more information about PR Newswire products & services or call us at +44 (0)20 7454 5382